Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Are you passionate about the Cloud? Are you looking to help define a new architectural pattern to solve for the complexity of high-volume, high-scale, high-velocity microservice architecture? If the thought of working on best-in-class software that supports hundreds of millions of requests per minute and world-class security excites you, then we have the job for you.
Amazon Traffic Engineering is with the mission to provides managed secure, resilient, and performant traffic connectivity solutions between Amazon’s customers and internal services. We provide safe, automated, intuitive tenant lifecycle management enabling discovery, edge, network and unified authentication experiences for services in Amazon’s Consumer business (Retail, Amazon Video, Kindle, Amazon Subsidiaries and more) to accelerate innovation in the Cloud.
Edge Crest as part of Traffic Engineering owns the critical software layer that accepts, filters, control and manage the routing of all web traffic from the public Internet to its thousands of Amazon websites, including www.amazon.com , Alexa, Kindle, and AWS Console. This software routes and manages traffic, detects and blocks robot and security threats, and enables Amazon’s businesses to quickly and safely launch new websites and new countries. Our team is starting a new projects to take Amazon to the next level in scale and security. There are no limits to the contribution and impact this role can have, so get ready to make history!
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work across the entire company. You will work directly with partners and stakeholders, like Alexa, Amazon.com, Kindle, various AWS teams, etc. System Development engineers troubleshoot, debug, evaluate and resolve computer-identified alarms, make feature enhancements, bug fixes, systems management, perform software deployments and migrations, host management and automate routine operational tasks. The position requires a combination of strong troubleshooting, technical, programming/scripting and communication skills and includes a mix of on call and operational tasks and involves small to medium level software development work. Responsible to develop tools and automation to achieve human free operations. You will ensure current (and upcoming) AWS services meet the evolving needs of Amazon. This role offers excellent career opportunities across multiple domains.
There are virtually no limits to the contribution and impact this role can have, so get ready to make history!
The team you will join has an incredible culture, including:
- Helping each other solve difficult problems and providing useful, actionable design reviews
- Freedom to propose and drive projects with a bottom up approach
- Fantastic transparency and communication with leadership about priorities
- Frequent Fun Events, Happy Hours, Team Lunches, and Team Outings
- Focus on innovation and knowledge sharing
- 4+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- B.Tech/M.Tech in Computer Science or related stream
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Python, Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- Experience in creating High Level Design (HLD) and Low Level Design (LLD)
- Working with customers and business to transform business requirements into functioning software
- Experience in designing, building and maintaining real-time, large scale and highly available applications
- Have written high performance software using networking protocols such as TCP, SSL, DNS, etc.
- Experience with Computer Networking, WebServers and Apache and Nginx development
- Experience with large-scale data processing and mining
- Experience with computer security and intrusion detection development or research
- Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
- Experience or interest in Cloud Computing and other emerging technologies
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
- Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team