Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the most proliferating cloud platform today with over 200 fully featured services from infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and database to emerging technologies such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and IoT.
As AWS customers employ more complicated scenarios for their businesses, it becomes essential for them to have tools to manage multiple AWS accounts created to run their businesses in cloud. AWS Organizations provides platform to define centralized configurations for various AWS services in the customer’s business unit, employ security guardrails and audit requirements, and enable resource sharing across different AWS accounts. For more information, check out https://aws.amazon.com/organizations/
We are looking for engineers to solve real world problems on an ever-multiplying scale. AWS Organizations pushes the scaling limits of AWS services by putting a multiplying effect, by thousands, on the usage of the features on the services since its easier to leverage multi-account scenarios using our tools. Joining our team offers you an opportunity to work with a small, diverse, passionate team of engineers who learn to trade-off scalability vs security vs usability of the features that we are building. We pride ourselves in a team culture that is conducive to collaborative growth among engineers. We actively find opportunities to improve our operational practices that help keep our on-call load very manageable. To summarize if you join our team you get to solve high-scale technical challenges, while working in a friendly team without the fear of unmanageable operational load. We’ve worked hard to create a trusting, collaborative, diverse, and supportive atmosphere. We’re a tight-knit team that likes to have fun.
Position Responsibilities include, but not limited to –
- Collaborate with teams of engineers, in our team, and other AWS service teams, in the design, implementation, and deployment of successful internet-scale systems and services.
- Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions.
- Understand system interdependencies and limitations.
- Share your knowledge of the most effective performance, scalability, architecture, and engineering patterns and methods.
Come join our team and multiply the delight we can bring to AWS customers.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- 1+ years of experience in software development
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field with 3+ year relevant experience.
• Proven skill of developing highly scalable front end systems
• Strong problem solving and analytical abilities.
• Understanding of algorithmic design and complexity analysis.
• MS in Computer Science or equivalent
• 5+ years of industry experience.
• Experience designing and building highly scalable systems
• Strong analytical abilities and design skills.
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.