Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Are you excited by the opportunity to build a diverse and high performing support/ application engineering team? Do you like the idea of seeing your work impact customers shopping without lines? Answer yes to any of these and you’ll be a great fit at physical stores tech team. We are looking for a Support Engineering Manager to lead a team of support/devops engineers who create lightweight tools/applications (operational workflows, dashboards, data validation, comparison, scraping, marketing automation, conversion tools, web applications, scheduler, file handling, etc….) for operations and program teams, aimed to reduce cost and improve quality/CX.
As a Support Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Managing a team of support and devops engineers by providing them guidance on support procedures and keeping them engaged.
- Drive Root Cause Analysis, Impact Analysis and Production Deployment support.
- Monitoring & Resolution of Trouble Tickets within defined SLA’s. Drive escalations to engineering team.
- Build automated frameworks, tools, solutions to enable stakeholders/business owners monitor health/drive business outcomes (For example: Automated Business/Product Metrics)
- Build a culture of direct code interaction by nurturing talent towards building applications/debugging & making code level fixes.
- Regular interactions with various internal business-owners (like engineering teams) to help understand requirements & business priorities, define engagement model and drive improvements.
- Developing support strategies and creating appropriate harnesses as well as pragmatic approaches for quick & effective support.
- Resource planning to support various program asks.
- Drive initiatives to maximize operational efficiency.
- Defining measurable metrics to gauge progress against objective Support goals.
- Build best-of-class support engineering team
- Play a significant role in hiring, developing, and promotion of support engineers of varying technical levels and backgrounds.
- • B Tech in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent industry experience.
• 7+ years of development or technical support experience.
• Strong debugging/troubleshooting skills
• Direct management of a team of 3+ support engineers. Management of resources, staffing, mentoring, and enhancing and maintaining best-of-class global engineering teams
• Work closely with the engineers and other engineering managers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach
• Strong understanding of support processes SLA, handling tickets, monitoring, processes and metrics.
• Proven ability to write scripts and automation.
• Understanding of the complete deployment life cycle from design, build, test, deploy
- • Hands on experience with improving processes through automation
• Exposure to process improvement techniques. Experience in operational Excellence is preferred.
• Knowledge of one high level programming language (preferably Java).
• Hands on experience in Cloud technology.
• Proven track record of service improvement and optimization in production
• Exceptional communication, documentation and presentation skills for technical and business audiences.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to solve complex problems independently.
• Experience working with an international team and stakeholders.
• Ability to handle multiple, competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to navigate through ambiguity and delivery incrementally.
• Demonstrates skill and passion for operational excellence.