Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
At Amazon, we’re working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. Operations is at the heart of what we do, delivering millions of packages each day and fulfilling customer orders from all over the world. Amazon is seeking a Sr. Finance Manager to lead our US Transportation Execution Finance team.
As the Sr Finance Manager, you will lead a team to own the cost decisions for how our packages flow throughout our fast-growing Transportation business delighting our customers every day. In this role you will partner with Operations and Consumer teams to drive improved profitability of our business through helping to optimize our carrier mix. You will set both short term goals for opportunity and improvement and will shape long term strategies for the Transportation teams across the business. This is a hugely exciting role for a seasoned finance leader to own a vital part of the success of our US business.
Key job responsibilities
- Own the Outbound Transportation cost decisions and cost configurations and partner with our transportation business teams.
- Oversee and lead various cost optimization initiatives and build them into the US planning cycles, including communicating clear deadlines and expectations with finance and business partners.
- Own models used for network planning and reporting including the roadmap of improvements to improve accuracy and automate manual work.
- Provide insights and opportunities to our Retail and FBA teams on the impact of Outbound Transportation on their P&Ls and partner to improve profitability.
- Look around corners and partner both upstream and downstream to ensure that our operations execution optimizes for total cost of delivery
- BA or BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, Computer Science)
- 10+ years of finance experience, or Master’s degree and 8+ years of finance experience
- 5+ years of direct management experience
- Proven track record of owning and driving results individually and through a team.• Demonstrated ability to build and manage financial models for business forecasting and problem solving.
- Strong ability to work with business leaders to deliver results, including the ability to persuade with data.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- An eye towards continuous process improvement, including the ability to innovate and simplify both finance and operational processes.
- Technology team leadership experience.
- Ability to think at both the strategic and implementation level to think big while also diving deep.
- Previous experience in the logistics or operations industries.
- MBA preferred
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.