Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon Web Services invites fully cleared professionals to join an elite team and learn the skills necessary to maintain one of the world’s largest information system infrastructures. We are currently expanding our infrastructure management team and are looking for proven technology managers with experience in people management, strong technical understanding, and the drive to take AWS Data Center Operations to the next level.
Amazon Web Services looking for a Rack Decommissioning Data Technician to join our growing team. The Decommissioning Technical team is responsible for processing and facilitating large scale legacy Data Center equipment through a liquidation process to ensure that targeted equipment is ready to be removed off premises. Team members will also process large volumes of customer data to ensure that all customer data is sanitized and properly managed.
You will work in a team environment and collaborate with other teams, which requires strong communication skills. Amazon Data Centers takes customer data with the utmost importance, and selected candidates must be able to perform repetitive tasks without variance and adhere to strict Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) that ensures customer data is protected and properly handled.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
*This position requires that the candidate selected must currently possess and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph. Upon application you will be asked qualifying questions that will be used only in relation to the US Government Security Clearance required for this role.
In compliance with the U.S. government requirement that employees of its contractors, and employees who work on or in connection with U.S government contracts must receive the COVID-19 vaccine, this position may require that the candidate selected be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. A person is considered fully vaccinated by completing the full regimen of the COVID-19 vaccine (two doses for Pfizer or Moderna and one dose for Johnson & Johnson).
Key job responsibilities
- Decommissioning and processing of legacy hardware out of the data center facilities
- Relocating and moving of large enterprise equipment
- Hard drive installation, removal and destruction
- Creating/attaching labels and barcodes
- Basic Networking removal/installation and clearing of configurations
- Physical layer and Application layer
- Updating progress through a web ticketing system
- Documenting procedures
- Escalating to senior technicians and management as needed/required
- Work with basic PC components/hardware:
- HDD/SSD/Flash/Removable storage media
- Ram/CPU/Motherboard/Input-Output devices
- Travel Expectations: up to 25% between locations
- Must be at least 18 years old
- All physical requirements are expected with reasonable accommodations
- Lift up to 49 lbs and participate in team lifts of 50+ lbs
- Some work in cramped spaces or elevated locations
• Current, active US Government Security Clearance of TS/SCI with Polygraph
• 1+ years of experience supporting Windows, Mac and/or Linux Operating systems in a corporate setting
• High School diploma or equivalent
• 1+ years of experience in an IT role or relevant experience
• Industry standard certifications (CompTIA, Cisco, etc.)
• 2+ years data center experience
• 2+ years experience with Linux based troubleshooting such as firmware flashes, and bios configurations
• 2+ years experience with a ticketing system
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.