Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
You will demonstrate a strong working knowledge of mechanical design, failure analysis, DOE and statistical analysis ; the desire to learn from new challenges and the problem solving and communication skills to work within a highly interactive and experienced team. Candidates must show a hands-on passion for their work and be able to communicate their ideas and concepts both verbally and visually. Candidates must demonstrate an ability to integrate feedback and to respond quickly to changing contexts and work environments.
• Research into materials and component technologies to scope development opportunities
• Provide manufacturing expertise, feature design advice to the production design team
• Test failure analysis and solution validation to complete successful product development
• Provide advice to detailed part design and product documentation
• Field failure analysis and solution evaluation for production line issues
• Provide advice to lead project teams to timely delivery of products
• Manage interaction with overseas resources
• Apply technical expertise to problem solving throughout product lifecycle
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
• 10+ years of experience, consumer/handheld product development
• 10+ years of experience working with product validation and conducting detailed FA following environmental stressing (Shock/Drop, Cycle Testing, Environmental Testing)
• Experience with 3D CAD skills, Creo.
• Experience creating surface model and top-down design architecture
• Experience with Tolerance Analysis and Statistical Process Control
• Experience with consumer product architecture and stacking.
• Demonstrated design experience integrating component modules (Acoustic parts, I/O, Displays, Batteries, PCBs, etc.)
• Master’s degree
• Demonstrated knowledge of tooling and materials process validation (SPC, Cp, CpK)
• Demonstrated design experience with high volume/high finish consumer electronics enclosure materials
• Experience designing plastic, die cast, extruded, and machined parts.
• Analytic problem solving skills, including knowledge of 8D, Six Sigma, DOE or similar disciplines
• Proficiency with Design for Cost and Design for Manufacture for consumer products
• 6 sigma Green belt certification