Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Through Virtual Try-On we’re creating fun, immersive try-on experiences so you know it fits and flatters before it ships, while transforming the Amazon shopping experience into a personalized journey of inspiration, discovery, and evaluation. Our VTO portfolio includes a host of cutting-edge projects including augmented reality and fit-accurate try-on experiences using a virtual avatar, and we seek a talented Technical Program Manager to join our team to deliver these exciting new experiences to our customers; come join us as we create the future of fashion.
In this role you will be a leader on the team responsible for scoping and delivering strategic cross-functional projects. You will lead end-to-end implementation of new customer-facing experiences that require support from multiple internal teams and external 3Ps. You will balance customer and business needs versus technical constraints, and make appropriate tradeoffs to optimize time-to-market. The job requires a high degree of maturity and judgement, as well as ability to negotiate and influence and provide overall program leadership. The role is inherently cross-functional; you will work closely with a multi-disciplinary team of product managers, software engineers, scientists, UX designers, and executive stakeholders.
About the team
Our North Star is for every Amazon Softlines detail page worldwide to offer customers an easy, fun, and confidence-inspiring way to evaluate how apparel, footwear, and accessories will fit and flatter their unique bodies through Virtual Try-On (VTO). We will create immersive AR, 3D and 2D VTO experiences that help customers know how products fit and flatter before they ship, while transforming Amazon shopping into a personalized journey of inspiration, discovery, and evaluation.
- 5+ years of experience in program management
- 5+ years of experience with software processes (development, configuration, testing, and deployment) and with defining schedules and managing resource dependencies.
- Proven success in delivering technology products/services in a high growth environment
- Demonstrated ability to decompose complex technical propositions into straightforward solutions, and understand core technologies utilized in your product
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, complemented with the ability to problem solve independently
- Ability to influence and build partnerships with technical and non-technical teams across different groups
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions
- Ability to handle multiple, competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- 7+ years of experience in program management, with a record of being detail-oriented, self-motivated, and capable of successful delivery technology solutions
- Experience working on agile enabled teams.
- Ability to challenge status quo, recommend innovative solutions, influence without authority, think proactively, and function independently
- Experience leading/influencing engineering discussions around technology and architecture decisions
- A proven track record of shipping software quickly while planning for longer-term scalability
- Entrepreneurial instincts with a clear bias for informed action and a track record of leading new initiatives with limited resources and support
- A creative problem solver who proactively seeks out system/process improvements in support of his/her customers
- Track record of troubleshooting, simplifying, and supporting operational excellence.
- Experience optimizing for short term execution while planning for long term technical capabilities. Ability and willingness to multi-task and learn new technologies quickly.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.