Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Employer: Amazon.com Services LLC
Position: Operations Engineer II
Location: Bellevue, WA
Multiple Positions Available:
1. Drive standardization, documentation of core design and process elements for scalable network growth across North America Logistics using strong process management and Lean principles.
2. Design the next generation of AMZL delivery stations by collaborating with World Wide Design and Design Engineering.
3. Conduct process flow simulation exercises to test design standard feasibility.
4. Forecast and plan for dispatch capacities with research science and topology planning teams.
5. Own new process innovations and implementation projects that will advance the intelligence of last mile business across multiple regions.
6. Provide support to delivery station escalations to address constraints, and assist in optimizing engineered solutions to improve delivery station flow.
7. Perform experiments to create processes that increase customer value, determine root causes of “defects” in performance through deep dive data analysis, forecasting and decomposition and process observations.
8. Partner with business intelligence & analytics group to build queries for data analysis which is used to deep dive into the delivery station’s performance metrics.
9. Own and deliver on post-launch audits, reviews and customer feedback, and incorporate feedback into future project plans.
10. Interface with other functional teams like safety, operations integration, software, sort centers, fulfillment centers, launch, procurement, reliability & maintenance, legal counsel and learning to drive North America network wide initiatives.
11. Approximately 20% domestic travel required.
12. Telecommuting benefits available.
A Master’s degree or foreign equivalent in Engineering, or related discipline and 2 years of experience in industrial / manufacturing environment operations, logistics, operations engineering or process engineering. In the alternative, employer will accept a Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Engineering, or related discipline followed by 5 years of progressively responsible post-baccalaureate experience in industrial / manufacturing environment operations, logistics, operations engineering or process engineering.
Experience must include:
(1) 2 years of experience in using Six Sigma tools & Lean practices.
(2) 2 years of experiencing in performing root cause analysis using PFMEA techniques.
(3) 2 years of experience in using Minitab, JMP, MS Excel, MS Access & Visio.
(4) 2 years of experience in conducting time studies to establish labor standards, identify process flow bottlenecks, reduced production cycle times.
(6) 2 years in project management.
(7) 2 years of experience in developing technical SOP documentation, standards, critical to quality specifications and metrics for process improvements.
Approximately 20% domestic travel required. Telecommuting benefits available.
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
All applicants must meet all the above listed requirements.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.