Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon’s eCommerce Foundation organization provides the core technologies that power and drive Amazon’s consumer experiences. The Dynamic Configuration Technologies team, part of the eCommerce Foundation team, owns platforms that bring flexibility, safety, and maturity to Amazon’s dynamic configuration and metadata needs. Our platforms support critical applications across Amazon including the retail website, order fulfillment, Alexa, Kindle, Amazon Video, Prime, Grocery, Audible, and others.
Our team is growing and we are looking for a talented Software Development Engineer (SDE1) to help launch a new team. As a SDE1, you will contribute to the development, testing, and operations of a new service providing declarative APIs for managing resources and infrastructure across Amazon’s consumer services. These management APIs allow application teams across Amazon to move quickly in configuring datasets, replication patterns, networks, etc while automatically adopting best practices.
As an engineer on the team, you will be required to solve hard problems by bringing innovation and invention to your work across a diversity of environments and use cases. Excellent listening, writing skills, and strong technical competency are essential.
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science related fields OR 1+ years equivalent experience in software development
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field at time of application (or graduated less than six months prior to application)
- Familiarity with the syntax of languages such as Java, C/C++ or Python.
- Knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals such as object-oriented design, algorithm design, data structures, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
- Previous technical internship(s).
- Experience with distributed, multi-tiered systems, algorithms, and relational databases.
- Experience in optimization mathematics such as linear programming and nonlinear optimization.
- Effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions.
- Adept at handling ambiguous or undefined problems as well as ability to think abstractly.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.