Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
TaxTech team is expanding and hiring SDEs in Costa Rica. We are building cutting edge, self-service oriented products for Amazon Tax and other customers. The engineer will be responsible for design and development of software products.
Amazon Tax technology team is looking for individuals who can design and build world-class software. Would you like to be part of a team that is solving new business challenges through innovation and creative work?
It is Day 1 in Tax Technology, and we’re at the inception of building an entire suite of Greenfield global tax solutions. You will get the opportunity to work through all the phases of software development; starting from requirements gathering, designing solutions, building new interfaces, and integration with existing architectures, development and testing code, and delighting the customers with world-class software. The Tax technology team is in the early phases of design and development and this is your chance to shape a brand new product from the start.
In this role you will be responsible for the team’s technical architecture and end-to-end quality of the code in our technical solutions. You will also be doing design, hands-on development and integration of third-party tax tools into seamless solutions for our Global Tax team.
• Partner with engineers and program managers to define, design, roadmap and development of a new platform.
• Work through all phases of the project lifecycle, including reviewing requirements, designing services that lay foundation for the new technology platform, building new interfaces and also integrate with existing architectures, developing and testing code, and delivering seamless implementations for Global Tax customers.
• Be very hands-on; work with others on the engineering team to manage the day-to-day development activities, participate in designs, design review, code review, and implementation.
• Evaluate and utilize AWS technologies where appropriate, such as EC2, RDS/DynamoDB/RedShift, SWF, S3 and QuickSight to design and build scalable backend web services and customer facing APIs.
• Design and code in Angular JS, React, Node.js, JQuery, SQL, java, Kotlin, AWS technologies to deliver solutions.
• Contribute to a suite of tools that will be hosted on the AWS cloud infrastructure.
• Build dashboard and visualization services.
• Build iteratively using agile methodologies.
• Minimum 4 years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• Master’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
• Previous experience or strong desire to learn AWS technology such as EC2, RDS/DynamoDB/RedShift, StepFunction, S3 and QuickSight
• Deep hands-on technical expertise in building web services and highly scalable applications
• Experience developing and delivering software in an agile methodology.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Able to independently operate and lead through ambiguous in fast paced environment.