Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
The Business Intelligence Engineer will own a high-visibility, growth in a dynamic, entrepreneurial analytics team. We are seeking an exceptionally talented, visionary and deeply focused BI Engineer with outstanding analytical skills who build some of the largest reporting objects in the Accounts Receivable BI space, and significantly contribute to business outcomes by analytics. This is a unique opportunity to build the largest Finance Operations BI environment of Amazon. The role holder will build their know-how rapidly and thrive in Amazon’s high paced, Day 1 culture.
Key job responsibilities
- Add business value: discuss key business objectives, goals and success metrics; translate into metrics; translate into big data; build data; build visualisation
- Collaborate with business users from requirements through delivery; follow through business results; and continuously improve
- Access large scale data and use analytical tools
- Provide input and recommendations on technical issues to data engineering and software engineering teams
- Contribute to data design, data modelling and data extracts/transforms
- Work in a genuinely global environment, across various functional teams
- Build and manage Tableau workbooks
- Optimise and organize data pipelines into the visualization environment
A day in the life
The BIE will drive the development of reporting and analytics for one of our key global businesses across complex business processes; and produce data, reports and analyses for decision making, metrics management and more.
The BI Engineer will be in charge of building a highly performing analytics environment relying on the native AWS tech stack.
The role will be savvy at the use of Tableau; architect and build the pipeline towards it. The BIE will optimise user experience by creating excellent visualisation performance.
About the team
Global Accounts Receivable is in charge of all AR processes across Amazon’s businesses and geographies. Global AR, Data Analytics (GARDA) supports all decisions in AR. GARDA’s mission is to drive a world class Order-to-Cash cycle by providing timely data, insights and predictions to our leadership and operations teams. In close cooperation with our stakeholders, we agree and build uniform metrics; use data from a ‘single source of truth’; provide automated, self-service, standard reporting; and build predictive analytics. Our topmost ambition is to actively contribute to the improvement of Amazon’s Free Cash Flow by value-adding analytics. Our success is built on users’ trust in our data and the reliability of our analytics tools.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Finance, or related discipline
- 5+ years of professional experience working with large data sets and writing complex SQL queries to pull data
- 5+ years of relevant experience in a BI Engineer role
- Proficient, professional, in-depth working knowledge of Tableau
- Ability to display complex quantitative data in a simple, intuitive format and to present findings in a clear and concise manner
- Relevant experience in business intelligence or business analyst role, including data warehousing and business intelligence tools, techniques and technology
- Data engineering credentials; working knowledge of a programming language (JAVA/PYTHON/SCALA)
- Experience with Star Schemas, Dimensional Models, Datamarts in Traditional Data Warehouses as well as in Big Data / Advanced Analytics domains
- Advanced analytical skills and is detail-oriented, while also seeing and understanding the big picture
- Effective verbal and written communication to senior audiences, including strong data presentation and visualization skills
- Experience working with cloud database technologies such as Amazon Redshift, RDS or Azure DW