Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon is investing heavily in building a world class advertising business and we are responsible for defining and delivering a set of audience segments to help advertisers plan media, gain insights about customer behaviors, create targeting strategies, and more. Our products form the core of our display advertising business. We ensure that billions of ads served are relevant to our customers. We are highly motivated, collaborative and fun-loving with an entrepreneurial spirit and bias for action. With a broad mandate to experiment and innovate, we are growing at an unprecedented rate with a seemingly endless range of new opportunities.
Successful candidates will have strong technical ability, a focus on great customer experience, excellent teamwork and communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
Our position offers exceptional opportunities for every candidate to grow their technical and non-technical skills. If you are selected, you have the opportunity to make a difference to our business by designing and building state of the art machine learning systems at huge scale, working on exciting and challenging projects and delivering meaningful results.
- Rapidly design, prototype and test many possible hypotheses in a high-ambiguity environment, making use of both quantitative analysis and business judgment.
- Collaborate with software engineering teams to integrate successful experimental results into large-scale, highly complex Amazon production systems.
- Report results in a manner which is both statistically rigorous and compellingly relevant, exemplifying good scientific practice in a business environment.
- Promote the culture of experimentation and science at Amazon.
- Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language
- Master’s in Computer Science, Mathematics, Machine Learning, or related quantitative field
- Familiarity with Spark and cloud services
- Programming skills sufficient to extract, transform, and clean large (multi-terrabyte) data sets in a Unix/Linux environment.
- Excellent critical thinking skills, combined with the ability to present your ideas clearly and compellingly in both verbal and written form.
- Results oriented and analytical, with a strong customer and business focus.
- Ability to communicate and discuss technical topics with both technical and business audiences.
- Strong sense of ownership, with a passion for software and continuous learning.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.