Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
The Amazon Transportation Services (ATS) team is experiencing new growth and is looking for a Program Manager to manage exciting projects for Intermodal team.
This role will be responsible for managing network steering and process improvement initiatives to drive down costs, improve network speed, and set up mechanisms to ensure we are not over paying for services. This role is pivotal to IM growth with both internal and external volume as our product offering becomes more complex.
The Program Manager will be a core member of Operations and War Room team and will drive key programs to improve speed of network and reduce cost. The ideal candidate will be customer obsessed with high bias for action and deep knowledge in data instrumentation and analytics.
Key job responsibilities
The core responsibilities of this opportunity include:
Ownership of intermodal network coordination and steering for 3P and 1P. The main goals will be to reduce network delays and cut cost stemming from out of work scenarios and ramp dwell.
Critical Skills to be Successful:
Leader: Drive coordination across teams to collaboratively deliver valuable results.
Influencer: Innovative leader with the ability to identify opportunities and influence organizations to gain support and overcome resistance with data and persuasion.
Driver: Ability to successfully deliver end-to-end programs, working through obstacles across multiple teams and organizations.
Problem Solver: Ability to utilize strong analytical and problem-solving skills to work through complex challenges.
Communicator: Ability to communicate clear and concise expectations and requirements with business and technology teams. Capacity to present well-reasoned and data-driven proposals in both verbal and written form.
• 3+ years experience in program or project management
• Experience defining program requirements and using data and metrics to determine improvements
• 3+ years experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams
• 3+ years of experience leading large complex programs
• 3+ years large scale solution development and delivery including Lean, Six Sigma problem solving methodology
• 3+ years of experience working cross-functionally with product management, product development, and operational support teams
• Experience with large scale data and analytics, hands on with SQL/Python
• Masters/MBA Degree from an accredited university, preferably in Operations/Technology, Statistics/Business/Supply Chain
• Prior Process Improvement/Project Management (PMP) experience with demonstrated success in leading projects in Cross-functional
• 3+ years of experience preferably in supply chain domain