Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Are you ready to drive the next generation of shopping innovations at Amazon? When words just aren’t enough to describe what customers are looking for, they often turn to other methods such as camera-based search, or using the picture of a celebrity to find inspiration for their fashion purchases. When images aren’t enough to convince customers that a piece of furniture will look good, they want to turn to Augmented Reality to envision how that furniture item would match their living room décor.
Starting in 2009, the Visual Search team has thus far launched many visual search solutions on the Amazon App that use computer vision and machine learning/deep learning to help customers complete their shopping missions more easily; multiple internal teams at Amazon (devices, Kindle, Seller services, etc.) also use our libraries and APIs to deliver solutions to their own customers. We are a full stack shop, and our team capabilities cover the whole solution spectrum, ranging across applied science (Computer Vision and Deep Learning), large scale engineering services, product management, UX design, and mobile app development for iOS and Android. However, it’s still Day 1, and this is your chance to make history in the new era of shopping.
The Visual Search & Augmented Reality team is looking for a talented, creative, and customer-obsessed Senior Product Designer to join the team in our downtown Palo Alto, CA location.
As a Senior Product Designer, you will be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from conceptualizing the next generation of visual shopping applications to designing incremental features. You will be expected to use your full range of product design, interaction design, and visual design skills, including your advanced prototyping expertise.
You are strategic and highly collaborative and will work closely with a team of passionate designers, product managers, and software developers to create the conceptual and interaction flows and prototypes for new and existing applications and experiences. You will be a leading voice for customers, diving deep on their needs and aspirations to help them realize their goals. Along the way, you will be expected to use your full range of interaction design, prototyping and production skills. You will also mentor and coach junior designers.
• Research, build and iterate on new concepts and experiential prototypes
• Define CX strategy and develop conceptual diagrams, wireframes, and interactive prototypes for testing and iteration purposes.
• Partner with Designers, PMs and Data Scientists to analyze customer behavior and generate new ideas for improving customer experience
• Partner closely with the engineering team to develop production grade design deliverables and provide post launch support.
• Develop and maintain detailed user-interface specifications and design patterns
• Present design work to the product and design team and Amazon executives for review and feedback
• Advocate for customer centric design not only within Visual Search and AR but across Amazon as well
• 8+ years of experience as a product designer or similar
• A portfolio listed on your resume demonstrating examples of prototypes, concepts and projects
• Bachelor’s degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience
• Fluency in best practices for mobile and tablet design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques
• Past experience in designing and launching new v1 consumer products in new markets.
• Experience relying on analytics and data to shape product decisions.
• Understanding of computer vision
• Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
• A strong track record of iterative design, working closely with customers and peers and developers from inception through implementation.
• Ability to work gracefully and have a bias for action in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment
• Ability to drive the design review cycle and close on design requirements independently
• Master’s degree in Design, HCI, or related field.
• Experience with agile/scrum
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.