Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon’s Disability Leave Services (DLS) team in the HR Services organization is building a best-in-class case management program to deliver leave of absence, disability and accommodation services to Amazon employees across the U.S.
The DLS Case Manager provides case management for all types of leave of absence and disability life events. The DLS Case Manager is highly skilled in answering questions, understanding the employee’s situation, applying the appropriate benefits, responding to changing circumstances and needs, and paves the way for a connected and trusted case management experience. Case Managers are the single point of contact for an employee throughout an entire leave of absence or disability event.
- Initiate and respond to inquiries about leave and disability events, benefits, and options available to employees
- Serve as a point of contact for assigned employees (150 200 employee cases) to provide holistic case management services, including reviewing medical documentation to adjudicate leaves in compliance with the corresponding leave plans, federal and state laws and benefit plans as defined by Amazon
- Leverage duration guidelines, best practice tools and Amazon resources to support oversight of a leave event as appropriate
- Critically assess and adjust the case management plan to an employee’s changing needs
- Address and respond to sensitive situations
- Troubleshoot issues and seek to remove barriers before, during, or after a leave event
- Respond to employee impacting issues that may arise during the leave event and ensure the right communication occurs
- Identify and solve problems that may arise, sometimes with limited information
- Facilitate a smooth return to work and ramp-back plan for employees returning to the workplace
- Educate managers and business partners on employee concerns and needs prior to being off or returning back to work
- Communicate regular updates to employees and stakeholders both verbally and in writing
- Ensure compliance with standard work, federal/state regulations, and company policy
- Maintain system records to ensure accurate and timely information/documentation
- Consult, coordinate and partner with our third party administrator, HR, Safety, Legal, Payroll, Benefits, team members and other departments/systems as appropriate
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional or military experience.
- 2+ years of experience as a case manager using case management systems, reviewing cases for eligibility, determining the appropriate benefits that apply to a specific situation, and establishing/executing a case management plan. 6+ years of experience will qualify in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree.
- One year of experience in Human Resources or customer service in a leave and/or disability field can be substituted for one year as a case manager
- Experience in MS Word, Excel, Access, Outlook and PowerPoint
- 2+ years of related experience in a leave of absence and/or disability claim management role
- Knowledge of federal or state Leave and Disability regulations, specifically ADA/ADAAA and FMLA
- Experience working multiple projects or cases independently in environment with changing priorities
- Experience working with confidential information
- SPHR, PHR, or CPDM certifications, or equivalent
- Experience providing case management services for a large, multi-state employer or on behalf of a carrier/TPA with clients in multiple states
- Experience with global service and employee delivery
- Strong problem solving, time management and priority setting skills
- Experience providing guidance to employees or managers on leave of absence, disability plan, accommodation, human resources, benefits, or employee matters
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us. • The pay range for this position in Colorado is $26.54 (hr/yr); however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.