Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
One focus area of the Amazon Workplace Health & Safety (WHS) mission is to provide tools, resources, and environments that support safe, efficient, healthy behaviors and encourage employees to proactively manage their health and wellbeing. To support this focus area, Amazon is seeking an experienced and innovative Workplace Health and Safety (WHS) Manager to join our team. The Multi-Site WHS Manager will be responsible for providing WHS support to multiple sites within their region to execute company safety policies and ensure compliance to all applicable local and regional regulations. By leveraging lean principles and kaizens, you will lead continuous improvement initiatives to reduce conditional and ergonomic risk in our processes to ensure a safe and healthful working environment for our Associates. A successful Multi-Site WHS Manager will demonstrate the ability to build trust and confidence with the operations team and inspire change through providing comprehensive risk assessments and safety data analysis.
The Multi-Site WHS Manager must be an effective communicator and send clear, concise and consistent messages, both verbally and in writing. You will instruct and train operations leaders in Amazon safety policies and assist the operations site teams in incorporating our safety standards at their site. You will work to identify best practices and incorporate these standard methodologies into our standards to continuously improve the safety landscape. The Multi-Site WHS Manager will possess excellent safety program knowledge as well as environmental and ergonomic knowledge and be able demonstrate this expertise when working with Operations. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Possess a thorough understanding of local/regional regulations and company policy.
- Provide guidance and oversight to ensure compliance to all applicable Amazon WHS Policies.
- Measure sites’ performance against published requirements in WHS policies. For all deficiencies, identify a plan for the site to implement and fix all identified deficiencies.
- Deliver on-time and quality projects to Operations.
- Analyze WHS metrics and review incident weekly and monthly incident trends to discover trends to rationalize the allocation of appropriate resources to areas where the safety risk is highest.
- Perform frequent site safety audits to identify all non-compliance equipment and/or processes at the site. Implement solutions to eliminate exposure to these risks and prevent injury at other FCs.
- Audit record-keeping practices and Gensuite entries to be aligned with global safety standards and local regulations.
- Audit the workplace organization and Associate behaviors to ensure that training, auditing and scoring methods are accurate and consistent.
- Spend time at the delivery stations and seek input from teams, Associates and leaders on safety program improvement opportunities. Ensure open communication on status of progress and resolution against these suggestions.
- Ensure site leadership and Associates are trained and knowledgeable of their responsibilities under each policy. Audit the quality, delivery (including qualifications of the trainer), and effectiveness of all required safety training.
- Ability to travel up to 50-70% of the time.
- Must be flexible regarding shifts.
- 3+ years of growing responsibilities in WHS, safety and/or environmental programs in manufacturing, production, or service operations.
- Experience implementing lean principles and process improvement in an operational environment.
- Distribution Center or manufacturing safety experience with mix of exempt and non-exempt employees at a site of at least 250 people preferred.
- Master’s degree preferred
- Experience in a fast-paced, changing/growing organization
- Certified Safety Professional preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including comfort collaborating with site leaders.
- Ability to develop and implement department goals and strategies.
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability.
- Ability to adapt well to fast-paced environments with changing circumstances, direction, and strategy
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and the use of pivot tables and the development of charts and graphics.
- Ability to manage multiple sites/remotely.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.