Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon Advertising is one of Amazon’s fastest growing and most profitable businesses, responsible for defining and delivering a collection of advertising products that drive discovery and sales. Our products are strategically important to our businesses driving long term growth. We deliver billions of ad impressions and millions of clicks and break fresh ground in product and technical innovations every day!
The Campaign and Creative Services org is responsible for defining and managing customer-obsessed ad policies across the entire advertising business, generating bar-raising creatives, and ensuring timely and flawless campaign execution and support. CCS plays an important role in educating and guiding advertisers toward the best standard or custom solution to meet or exceed their objectives, including assistance navigating the Amazon consumer ecosystem. Within CCS, the Moderation Automation and Relevance Systems (MARS) team programmatically assists advertisers by providing fast and relevant creative feedback frictionlessly. When an advertiser submits a campaign (or content), it flows through certain intermediate upstream systems and then enters the MARS Automation Pipeline i.e. Lestrade. This pipeline is set up such that, it has several automated checks to review an incoming campaign (or any other content), and flag any violations in policies identified for that specific type of content.
As an Applied Scientist on this team, you will:
- Build ML models to address content intelligence problems
- Build advanced algorithms to generate AI powered multi-modal content.
- These models will rely on a variety of visual, textual and multi-modal features requiring expertise in these domains.
- These models need to scale to multiple languages and countries. You will collaborate with engineers and other scientists to build, train and deploy these models.
- Propose hypotheses, validate these offline and run A/B tests to validate them online.
- As part of these activities, you will develop production level code that enables high-quality content generation and ranking.
- Use your expertise to generate different aspects of creatives for advertisements including image-based content creation, script generation and content summarization, realistic text-to-speech/voice-over generation, AI-powered music generation and video synthesis
- Work closely with software engineers on detailed requirements to productionize the ML models you build.
- Run A/B experiments that affect hundreds of millions of customers, evaluate the impact of your optimizations and communicate your results to various business stakeholders.
- Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for large-scale data analysis, machine-learning model development, model validation and serving.
- Research new innovate machine learning approaches.
Why you will love this opportunity: Amazon is investing heavily in building a world-class advertising business. This team defines and delivers a collection of advertising products that drive discovery and sales. Our solutions generate billions in revenue and drive long-term growth for Amazon’s Retail and Marketplace businesses. We deliver billions of ad impressions, millions of clicks daily, and break fresh ground to create world-class products. We are a highly motivated, collaborative, and fun-loving team with an entrepreneurial spirit – with a broad mandate to experiment and innovate.
Impact and Career Growth: You will invent new experiences and influence customer-facing shopping experiences to help suppliers grow their retail business and the auction dynamics that leverage native advertising; this is your opportunity to work within the fastest-growing businesses across all of Amazon! Define a long-term science vision for our advertising business, driven from our customers’ needs, translating that direction into specific plans for research and applied scientists, as well as engineering and product teams. This role combines science leadership, organizational ability, technical strength, product focus, and business understanding.
- PhD or equivalent Master’s Degree plus 4+ years of experience in CS, CE, ML or related field
- 2+ years of experience of building machine learning models for business application.
- Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language.
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, or related quantitative field.
- Published research work in academic conferences or industry circles.
- Experience in building large-scale machine-learning models and infra for online recommendation, ads ranking, personalization, or search, etc.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with non-technical and technical audiences.
- Experience working with large real-world data sets and building scalable models from big data.
- Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution.
- Exhibits excellent business judgment; balances business, product, and technology very well.
- Experience in computational advertising.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us