Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Are you interested in building high-performance, globally scalable financial systems that support AWS’s current and future growth? Are you seeking an environment where you can drive innovation leveraging the scalability and innovation with Amazon’s AWS cloud services? Do you have a passion for ensuring a positive customer experience? This is the role for you!
This is among the highest visibility roles in AWS Finance and the candidate’s work will directly impact Capital efficiency decisions taken by the AWS CFO, CEO and S-Team members. This role will also give the candidate opportunity to work independently and to support business decisions for Server Capex Management.
AWS Services Finance Team is looking for a strong technical leader results-oriented, driven who can help us create the next generation of distributed, scalable financial systems. This role requires a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity, ability to work in a fast-paced environment, problem solving skills, a keen attention to detail. This role has regular interaction with various business units across AWS and requires strong people skills. The candidate should have excellent oral and written communication skills, and a proven ability to meet tight deadlines, multi-task, and prioritize work.
Key job responsibilities
As a Manager , BIE on AWS Services Finance team, you will be leading a team of Business Intelligence Engineers and will play a thought leadership role in our team the team will look to you for advice on data and business issues facing them.
Some of the key responsibilities include:
- Developing and supporting milestones across projects to ensure timely and successful deliverables.
- Provide deep analytics and communicate effectively with senior leadership.
- Collaborating with data engineers and business intelligence engineers from multiple teams to effectively leverage such resources in support of AWS Services Finance team.
- 5+ years of experience as a Data Engineer, BIE or in a similar role
- Experience of managing a Technical Team
- Experience with Reporting , analytics, data modeling, data warehousing, and building ETL pipelines
- Experience leading and influencing the data strategy of your team or organization
- Developing and operating large-scale data structures for business intelligence analytics using: ETL/ELT processes, OLAP technologies, data modeling, SQL
- Experience with at least one relational database technology such as Redshift, Oracle, MySQL or MS SQL
- Experience with at least one massively parallel processing data technology such as Redshift, Teradata, Netezza, Spark or Hadoop based big data solution
- Industry experience as a Business intelligence Engineer or related specialty (e.g., Data Engineer, Software Engineer, Data Scientist) with a track record of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large datasets
- Coding proficiency in at least one modern programming language (Python, Ruby, Java, etc.)
- Experience building/operating highly available, distributed systems of data extraction, ingestion, and processing of large data sets
- Experience building data products incrementally and integrating and managing datasets from multiple sources
- Experience leading/managing large-scale data warehousing and analytics projects, using AWS technologies Redshift, S3, Glue, EMR, EC2, Data-pipeline and other big data technologies
- Experience hiring, developing and promoting engineering talents
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, or a related field and 7+ years industry experience
- Experience Communicating to senior management and customers verbally and in writing
- Strong organizational skills with demonstrated ability to manage multiple high-complexity projects with competing priorities and diverse team members
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.