Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Over 2 million Sellers in 10 countries list their products for sale on the Amazon Marketplace. Sellers are a critical part of Amazon’s ecosystem to deliver on our vision of offering the Earth’s largest selection and lowest prices. These Sellers offer hundreds of millions of unique products providing a broad and diverse inventory of products from Books, Electronics and Apparel to Consumables and beyond. In our vision to build a global marketplace, we will enable Sellers to list, make their selection available to customers globally while optimizing their inventory placement across multiple countries.
As Program Manager, EU Marketplace – You will join a dynamic team which is at the forefront of this vision to build a global marketplace as you will be responsible for developing and delivering initiatives to dramatically transform partner performance in VAT registration and filing processes in any country where Amazon Sellers choose to sell and/or place their inventory thereby removing one of key barriers and friction points that Sellers face when deciding to go international.
The Candidate should be comfortable working in highly ambiguous environment. Ownership of work is extremely important, and candidates should have a proven record of working with projects to their completion. The ideal candidate is motivated, agile, with strong time management and project management skills. This opportunity requires excellent troubleshooting, problem-solving, and communication skills. At the core of the position is high attention to detail and delivering high quality results on time. Your experience should highlight your focus on putting the customer first; your ability to understand and guide technical requirements to support your vision, and your aptitude to ensure those changes had a positive business impact.
The ideal candidate will be clearly passionate about building new business and have a demonstrable record of accomplishment of success delivering initiatives from scratch.
The key responsibilities for this role include:
- Enable effective product launch by building end:end processes , identify the failure nodes & build guard rails around them
- Experience in six-sigma, lean , continuous improvement methodologies
- Identify and implement continuously enhance efficiencies associated with the process , partnering across stakeholder teams
- Interest to dive-deep into technical product aspects to build holistic process improvements
- Track, measure, report and evaluate filing process & performance
- detailing the updates & program charter in roadmap documents and present to senior leadership on cadence.
Measure Improvements and impact of changes and set-up mechanisms to audit impact and perform necessary course corrections where needed to meet business objectives
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related field. In lieu of degree, additional years of hands-on experience may be substituted.
• 5+ years of program management.
• 3+ year of experience in process engineering/continuous improvement.
• Practical knowledge and skill in the use of project management methodologies and tools.
• MBA from a leading business school (preferred)
• 7+ years of program management experience
• Prior experience managing technical products or online services
• Knowledge of SQL and VBA or willingness to learn
• Entrepreneurial spirit, with track record for delivering results in fast-moving and demanding environments
• History of developing business strategy in conjunction with senior leadership
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.