Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
At Amazon, we’re looking for a Sr. Program Manager for Amazon Flex. Amazon Flex works directly with independent contractors called delivery partners to make deliveries to our customers. With Amazon Flex, individuals can now be their own boss delivering Amazon packages. Amazon Flex is powered by a mobile app that works in concert with our advanced logistics systems that allows delivery partners to on-board, schedule delivery times, guide them through their deliveries with in-app mapping and navigation, and more.
- Manage Service Level Standards (SLS) for one of the programs we support.
- Maintain program quality and deliver exceptional customer experiences.
- Help build reporting mechanisms, identify opportunities, establish mitigation processes, respond to executive escalations, and work with cross-functional partners to communicate issues and progress.
- Manage full lifecycle of complex cross-functional programs with considerable impact across multiple organizations.
- Development of the overall SLS signal and exemption program strategy that will improve program evaluation.
- Tactically drive initiatives forward in partnership with teams in and outside of your organization to deliver (e.g., Flex Business Operations, Last Mile Tech, Flex Business and Analytics).
- Define the program (mission, vision, tenets), set objectives, analyze data and drive improvements that are quantified with metrics.
- Work autonomously in an ambiguous environment, seeking to understand business problems, automation limitations, scaling factors, boundary conditions and reasons behind leadership decisions.
- Partner with teams across the business you support and beyond to source, allocate, and coordinate resources.
- Partner with customers, internal/external teams, and engineering teams to determine what projects move forward and in what priority order.
- Oversee gaps between teams, processes and systems, helping teams reduce exposure to classic failure modes (e.g., requirements not sufficiently understood or documented, ineffective cross-team collaboration, long-term impact(s) from third-party solutions, security not considered, insufficient stakeholder review, etc.).
- Solve ambiguous problems and proactively identify and mitigate risks (before they become roadblocks).
- Work with program managers, business leaders and executive team to communicate and impact critical business initiatives.
- Develop, implement, and govern KPI reporting for a portfolio of programs, providing visibility to the milestones, and performance across all projects.
- Engage other Amazon business units globally to share best practices and improve end to end outcomes for Amazon customers.
- Create, communicate, and manage budget for projects
- Lead a team of Program Managers to achieve team goals.
Key job responsibilities
This role requires high level judgement to build and drive the SLS signal and exemption work forward. This is a critical space as SLS signals and exemptions are a part of the evaluation of Flex DPs. Some of the key responsibilities in this role;
Responsible for the goal to reduce unknown fault attribution.
Responsible for the goal to improve timeliness of exemption execution (manual and automated).
Work closely with the Driver Evaluation Motivation and Support (DEMS) Tech Program Managers (TPMs) to revamp attribution for Delivery Completion Rate (DCR) and Late Delivery defects.
Outline prioritization of new signal ingestion and work closely with the DEMS tech, Flex Business Analytics and Driver Science team. There are currently 15+ new signals identified for ingestion to improve Science models and/or DP evaluation.
Identity the strategy for Age Verified Delivery (AVD) delivery and RTS signals. This will require close partnership with the broader SLS program, DEMS TPMs, Global Specialty Fulfillment Operations, Flex Business (US, UK and new markets) and AVD Steering Committee.
Continue and iterate on the work started for signal strategy for Cash on Delivery (COD) for India, in order to scale the enforcement.
* Ad hoc support for signals and exemptions.
- 5+ years of experience in program or project management
- Experience using data and metrics to drive improvements
- Experience owning program strategy, end to end delivery, and communicating results to senior leadership
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of experience in program management, logistics, operations, supply chain, or transportation or equivalent professional or military experience
- Degree in Business, Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain, Transportation Logistics, or related field
- MBA/MS and work experience in dedicated project management highly desired
- Practical application of program management methodology including PMP/Lean Six Sigma/Kaizen
- Advanced knowledge of analytical tools such as SQL, Tableau, MS Excel, or Microsoft Access
- Demonstrated ability working in an ambiguous environment
- Experience handling changing priorities and using good judgment when working in stressful situations
- Demonstrable problem-solving, mathematic, and analytical skills using data to drive decisions in a business environment
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency in effective communication of goals and strategies across multiple leadership levels of an organization
- Proven ability to influence internal/external stakeholders without authority to adopt new processes/initiatives
- Executive level written and oral communication skills
- High attention to detail including proven ability to manage multiple competing projects and priorities simultaneously
- Demonstrated success in thinking strategically and executing methodically
- Analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases
- Demonstrated experience communicating data insights to others, including use of data visualization tools
- Demonstrated ability to dive deep in understanding the product, our business and the competitive landscape
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team and deliver results.
- Experience with data mining and data analysis
- Experience using Microsoft Excel including pivot tables, macros, index/match, vlookup, VBA, data links, etc.
- Experience leading and owning cross-functional programs
- Demonstrated experience owning the design, implementation, and optimization of initiatives
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.