Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
We are looking for an Embedded Software Engineer to join the Ring team and support the development of new and existing products. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
The ideal candidate:
Knows what is important when shipping products to customers and has been through the process from start to finish
Delivers high-quality C/C++ code in an embedded environment,
Specify, design, and implement functionality and behaviours of embedded subsystems,
Is comfortable with proactive outward communication and technical leadership
Enjoys working side by side with colleagues and teams to problem solve
Proactively communicating and demonstrating technical leadership.
Key job responsibilities
• BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field, or equivalent practical experience
• 5+ years of software development experience
• 3+ years of experience in embedded development experience in C/C++, and familiarity with SoC and embedded CPU.
• 3+ years of experience with writing low-level drivers, interrupt service routines and general troubleshooting/debugging with hardware.
• Excellent C and C++ programming skills with proven experience of writing efficient code for low powered systems.
• Extensive experience in computer architecture and embedded systems.
• Knowledge of embedded platforms peripherals such as UART, SPI, I2C, I3C etc.
• Experience in ARM chipset and firmware security (TPM, UEFI, TrustZone, Secure Boot, etc).
• Fluency in software fundamentals including software design and maintainability. • Experience with embedded microprocessor tools.
• Experience with algorithm development.
• Experience in reviewing complex systems design/code.
• Creative, critical thinking and troubleshooting skills. Amazon is an equal opportunities employer.
About the team
Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make neighbourhoods safer. From the video doorbell to the DIY Ring Alarm system, Ring’s smart home security product line offers users affordable whole-home and neighbourhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighbourhood security accessible and effective for everyone while working hard to bring communities together. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
• Experience developing automation for deploying and managing services and their underlying infrastructure via contemporary programming/scripting languages, configuration management tools, and APIs
• Experience working with large distributed systems or applications
• Coding skills in at least one of Java/GO/Perl/Python/Shell scripts
• Knowledge of the UNIX/Linux operating system
• Basic knowledge of Gerrit, Jenkins applications
• Understanding of XML/SOAP, REST and HTTP protocols
• Understanding of Git version control
• Strong understanding of support processes SLA, handling tickets, monitoring, processes and metrics.
• Understanding of the complete deployment life cycle from design, build, test, deploy
Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field
• Experience in development (as a developer or Scrum Master) would be a plus
• Experience with working on AWS services (SageMaker, S3, DynamoDB, EC2, Kinesis, SQS, IAM)
• Experience with imperative and/or declarative configuration management and deployment tools (Cloudformation, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Terraform, etc.)
• Experience with AWS CI/CD products such as CodeDeploy, CodePipeline, CodeBuild, CodeCommit or comparable solutions such as Jenkins, Gerrit, Github, Tekton, etc.
• You have proven experience in incident, problem and change management practices and handled high impact incidents.
• Strong degree of empathy for the customer experience
• Able to handle high impact incidents, perform pattern, root cause analysis and drive to logical closure
• Excellent communication skills, possessing the ability to support other developers over email, video-call and chat
• Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor other DevOps engineers to grow their technical and troubleshooting skills.
• Exhibit strong team oriented interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively interface with a wide variety of people and roles from junior engineers to senior leaders
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.