Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Welcome to the future of film-making technology! We are developing new products that enable high-end visual effects and animation studios to leverage the cloud for ground-breaking real-time workflows. Our team is in need of software development engineers who are passionate about distributed, high-performance, container-based, application back-ends that power artist-facing tools for compositing, rendering, and animation.
As a team focused on innovation we strive to find a balance between heads-down concentration and energized collaboration, leveraging the strengths of both in-person and virtual working patterns. We have a lightweight agile development approach and frequently validate results with our internal and external stakeholders. We plan, prioritize, and execute as a team.
Our team consists of skilled software development engineers and subject matter experts with deep expertise in cloud technology and the visual effects and animation industries fueled by multiple decades of combined experience within well known animation and visual effects studios. We enjoy a polyglot development environment, including C/C++ and Python and own our full technology stack from the service plane through open-sourced artist-facing tools. Above all, we care deeply about delivering bar-raising and customer-delighting technology that leverages the cloud for content creation in new and exciting ways!
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Experience with low overhead, large-scale computational systems using technologies such as Amazon ECS, AWS Fargate, containerd, Docker, and Kubernetes
• Deep hands-on technical expertise in at least one relevant technical area: large scale systems engineering, queuing and messaging, Linux networking, performance analysis, software-defined networking, etc.
• Knowledge of network protocols and their implementations
• Experience with high performance serialization and RPC systems such as gRPC, Protobuf, and Cap’n Proto
• Experience with messaging systems such as SQS, ActiveMQ, and ZeroMQ
• Experience with application security (authentication and authorization)
• Experience with service mesh and ingress systems such as AWS AppMesh, Istio, Linkered, Envoy, Traefik, and AWS ELB
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.