Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Do you enjoy leading teams of engineers who solve real world customer issues and complex technical problems at a large scale using a wide range of technologies? Are you interested in building storage systems that provide fault tolerant, high performance, low cost durable storage “in the cloud”? Together, we will be starting on a journey within the Block & Object storage organization to build a new AWS service that will provide AWS customers the next level of storage experience. If the idea of leading teams that build large scale systems that enable Exabyte scale excites you then this is the right opportunity for you.
Key job responsibilities
As a manager, you will lead a team of Systems Development Engineers who are responsible for the health and resiliency of exabyte scale storage. Your team will architect large-scale distributed systems, improve their availability and performance, and innovate to increase hardware resource utilization to improve costs for our customers. You will have an opportunity to develop distributed systems that will manage millions of hardware resources and ensure health of the overall storage system. As this role is for a new initiative withing Block & Object storage, you will have a unique opportunity to grow and motivate a brand new team to deliver for our customers.
This role will sit in our new headquarters in Northern Virginia, where Amazon will invest $2.5 billion dollars, occupy 4 million square feet of energy efficient office space, and create at least 25,000 new full-time jobs. Our employees and the neighboring community will also benefit from the associated investments from the Commonwealth including infrastructure updates, public transportation improvements, and new access to Reagan National Airport.
- 7+ years of experience working directly within engineering teams
- Experience partnering with product OR program management teams
- 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
- 3+ years of experience architecting and designing (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- 2+ years of experience managing an Agile team of 5+ software engineers
- 5+ years of professional experience in software development
- Experience building scalable with service oriented architectures
- Proficiency in at least one modern programming language, e.g. , , or C++
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, or an equivalent in relevant work experience
- A deep understanding of software engineering practices, object oriented design & , patterns and algorithms
- Experience with telemetry, optimization, and/or machine learning
- Demonstrated strong technical judgment in conjunction with passionate customer-focus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience delivering cloud services will be a plus
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.