Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Are you an experienced front end application developer who can assist our customers in delivering breakthrough experiences for their end users? Do you like to work on a variety of game changing projects, at the forefront of application development and cloud technology adoption? Would you like to enable some of the largest enterprises in the world transform how they design, develop, and launch new products?
Amazon Web Services is looking for highly talented, hands on Front End Developers to help accelerate our growing Professional Services business. This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon’s world class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies.
Professional Services engage in a wide variety of projects for customers and partners, providing collective experience from across the AWS customer base and are obsessed about strong success for our customers. Our team collaborates across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product and service teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs.
We are looking for hands on developers who are passionate about:
• Helping customers develop scalable applications with rich user experiences
• Working as a technical leader alongside customer business, development and infrastructure teams
• Providing deep software development knowledge with respect to front end architecture, UX/UI design, and programming
• Advising and implementing AWS best practices
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have thirteen employee-led affinity groups, reaching 85,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life harmony. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here. We are a customer-obsessed organizationleaders start with the customer and work backwards. They work vigorously to earn and keep customer trust. As such, this is a customer facing role in a hybrid delivery model. Project engagements include remote delivery methods and onsite engagement that will include travel to customer locations as needed.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Our Consultants work with enterprise customers locally, regionally and potentially domestically. As such, Consultants will be required to travel to client locations to sell and deliver professional services as needed.
• BS level technical degree or 5 + years equivalent professional or military experience
• 5+ years of professional front end development around the user experience
• Experience with responsive web design
• Experience developing web services using any of the following: Python, Java, Node.js, Ruby, Go, .NET or Scala
• Experience in one or more relevant front-end frameworks (React, Angular, Ember, Vue.js, Thymeleaf, etc.) and test frameworks (Jest, Mocha, Jasmine, Selenium, etc.)
• Experience with view layout and rendering technologies (e.g., responsiveness, progressive enhancement, browser/device support)
• Proficient in a broad range of software design approaches and common UX patterns
• Knows when (and when not) to use front-end software design patterns (e.g., a synchronicity, data binding, modules, MVC, objects, promises)
• Experience with AWS and/or cloud computing
• Agile software development experience
• Experience with continuous integration tools (e.g. Jenkins)
• Experience architecting, designing and programming applications in an AWS Cloud environment
• Experience architecting highly available systems that utilize load balancing, horizontal scalability and high availability
• Good communication and presentation skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For employees based in Colorado, this position starts at $ 108,900 per year. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered.