Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
Job Requisition ID #
Position opened in Canada (Toronto and Montréal)
Autodesk is seeking a highly motivated, experienced Engineering Manager to join the Autodesk Forge Engineering team. Forge is a cloud services platform for customers. The Forge Platform offers API’s and services that help our customers access and use their design and engineering data via the cloud. We are looking for a strong leader, communicator with a balance of technical knowledge and business acumen. As an ideal candidate, you have led teams developing scalable cloud services in a fast-paced, agile environment. You know how to nurture talent, develop/advocate best practices, foster open communication, and provide guidance and mentoring to effective and high-performing teams to deliver high-quality solutions to their customers. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of and to participate in the evolution of developing the engineering discipline in a lean/agile environment and to contribute to an organization committed to continuous improvement.
- Accountable for business outcomes for the teams as well as engineering excellence
- Coach team members on how their work aligns with organizational goals
- Inspire, motivate and coach team members to achieve maximum productivity, optimal creativity and efficiency
- Lead and mentor developers to develop their careers and to achieve individual success Up-skill developers to meet organizational needs as well as individual career goals
- Recruit and nurture best talents to develop high-performing teams
- Coordinate with other team, on engineering best practices and dependencies and business outcomes
- Develop Autodesk culture values in the teams Enhance engineering efficiency by closely observing the team, identifying opportunities, and influencing the improvement
- Provide technical guidance, mentorship to the teammates
- Find the right approach when faced with uncertainties and support teams in navigating changes Help teams to understand the importance of customer-centricity and build customer empathy
- 10+ years of experience in the industry involving designing and developing cloud/server applications and services
- 3+ years of experience in leading, mentoring, and managing development teams, or other similar leadership roles (managing cross-functional team members from Software Engineers to Principal Engineers to Architects)
- Experience in hiring key talent and setting up teams for success
- Excellent communication skills, ability to state complex subjects simply for a variety of audiences
- Self-starter who can come up to speed quickly and identify the problems that need to be solved
- Experience and well-versed in leading in an Agile development environment
- Certification in Agile Methodologies or related training is an advantage
- Knowledge and experience with web technology stack, cloud computing, and cloud database technologies as an advantage BS degree in software engineering or related field
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.