Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
Job Requisition ID #
At Autodesk, our VP of Enterprise Systems & Apps Engineering team plays a critical role in building the next generation enterprise employee platforms. We’re looking for an experienced Vice President with an engineering or product management background to propel our teams to the next level by crafting a technical vision for the next chapter of our evolution. A successful candidate will not only have the technical expertise to design a compelling strategy but will also possess the business acumen and gravitas to inspire people to bring that strategy to life.
The role of the Vice President of Enterprise Systems & Apps Engineering is a critical senior role reporting to the CIO and Senior Vice President of Digital Enterprise Services which is Autodesk’s Information Technology (IT) organization. This role is part of the CIO’s leadership team providing a unique opportunity to drive innovation and transformational change with a big experience impact for Autodesk’s employees and customers.
This role leads Autodesk’s enterprise systems and application engineering organization, including the following engineering and product management groups: Sales CRM, Marketing, Human Capital Mgmt, Procurement, Core Finance, Offer to Order and, Tax, Treasury & Reporting. In addition to engineering leadership this role includes overall enterprise business support operations and include these groups: System Quality Assurance, Data Operations, Robotic Process Automation, and Enterprise Business Production Support.
- Lead and manage several globally distributed engineering and product management teams comprised of 600+ highly skilled technologists
- Responsible for enterprise platform vision and strategy – working with multiple SVP and other VP level stakeholders in creating a clear, convincing technical strategy that aligns to business priorities and objectives
- Responsible for technical execution and for the design, build, and scaling of next generation enterprise applications and platforms
- Ensure a secure and compliant enterprise, operationalize CISO security policies enterprise wide, and maintain SOC/SOX control compliance for responsible controls
- Prioritize technology projects, clearly communicate the status of technology projects to the executive team, and expose risks and trade-offs with a no-surprises philosophy
- Promote iterative, thoughtful decision-making within self-organized teams
- Promote development best practices
- Drive ongoing enterprise product and technology reviews in conjunction with the Product Leaders with senior stakeholders and drive strategic technological discussions towards building platforms
- Results driven, getting things done, and comfortable being in details to drive functional and operational excellence
- Attract talent, help to instill and foster a growth mindset within the broader engineering team and help both technical and managerial employees reach their full potential
- A minimum of 15 years of engineering and/or product management experience, with at least 10 years of progressive leadership experience, and ideally in a large public software company.
- Preferred experience with managing large globally distributed engineering and product management teams who design, build, and scale SaaS and Cloud enterprise platforms supporting core business functions for sales, marketing, human capital management, and finance.
- Experience with Systems Quality Assurance, SOC/SOX compliance, and enterprise production support teams that operate 24x7x365
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills are a must have, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations and virtual teams
- Ability to understand complex business requirements and translate those into staffing plans, technical roadmaps, and engineering processes
- A clear communicator with a pension for articulating “the why”
- Adept at building collaborative, inclusive engineering teams
- An advanced degree in computer science, engineering or related discipline (preferred)
- Track record of coaching and mentoring Engineering leaders on both technical and management tracks
- Ability to travel at least ~10% of the time (although really this is TBD as we emerge from the pandemic)
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.