Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
CO Salary Range: USD 80,000.00 per year
Job Requisition ID #
The commission team is a global team of highly skilled analysts with wide knowledge of end-to-end commission process for their assigned sales teams. We are looking for a Sales commission expert who will be a point of contact for questions relating to all commission issues, including compensation plans, calculations, and attainments (Sales commission is a key metric of the company). You will be collaborating with other finance teams /sales teams as sales commission professionals, seeking process improvements to apply changes, and proactively seeking and implementing automation opportunities.
The ideal candidate will be detail oriented, goal oriented, a fast learner, adaptable, and excited about challenges to work in a fast-paced environment. They will have excellent communication skills (verbal/written), excellent analytical skills, strong sense of urgency and proven ability to meet deadlines, a passion to seek solutions, and be proactive and creative.
- Understand and can implement the Autodesk Sales Compensation Plan
- Calculate/validate and pay variable earnings accurately and on time for assigned sales teams and in line with current comp plan rules
- Give input into and support the roll out of changes to the commissions system
- Provide a thorough monthly analysis of attainment
- Investigate and explain variances for high/low result fluctuations, and proactively raise outliers with FBP’s
- Provide high quality, timely responses to the sales field and sales management, fully meeting their informational and reporting needs
- Communicate complex logic and analysis in a manner that is easily understandable to the sales reps
- Support the creation of crediting rules and sales rep master Territory Target Sheets (TTS) for their specific sales teams
- Create TTS’s for teams, with insight and understanding for accuracy and alignment to Sales Compensation Plan
- Understand and post required manual attainment or adjustments that may impact results and communicates timing
- Understand SOx requirements and maintain documents in compliance with SOx and ensure auditability
- Understand Territory Management System management of sales reps assignments
- Lead/support annual territory and quota planning efforts
- Lead discussions with senior level sales managers for business health checks and pipeline visibility
- Maintain and look for opportunities to improve commission tools with reference data, employee information, variant information, and comp plan information needed to accurately produce commission payments and reports, which include maintaining an accurate sales organizational hierarchy, updating new hires/transfers/terminations and any salary/comp plan changes
- Be a part of on-going process improvement and change within the team and upstream with other departments that improve the efficiency and accuracy of sales reporting and variable pay calculations
- Lead process improvement initiatives
- Participate in and lead User Acceptance Testing and other projects within GCO, coordinating with a global team of analyst involved in the projects
- Drive process improvements and automation
- Question the “norm” to identify opportunities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting from a four-year college/university or equivalent experience
- 5 or more years of progressive finance experience; mid-to-large public company, preferable with understanding of sales and sales commission
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skill
- Understanding of Business Objects, PowerBi, Business Objects, Qlikview, Forma AI or other commissions systems
- Ability to apply judgement consistently
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work autonomously but provide guidance to other team members as needed, escalating items when needed to management
- Ability to multitask and deliver results in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines while maintaining accuracy
- Flexibility in work time, as infrequent meetings are required with other team members in different Geos
- Customer service oriented with a willingness to help sales reps and management (at all levels) understand and resolve commissions issues
- Strong willingness to learn, and an open mind
- Ability to consider the consequences from the result of the work
Target Pay for this Position (Colorado) – $80,000
Click below to learn more about our benefits in the US.
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.