Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
Job Requisition ID #
Are you unquenchable curious and passionate by opportunities to learn from customers? Are you skilled in mining and analyzing datasets by proven and novel methods and you can recognize valuable insights jumping off (or hidden on) a page? If this sounds like you, read on!
Autodesk’s Thought Leadership Research & Account Based Marketing (ABM) Content team is responsible for developing actionable content derived from original thought leadership research to engage our customers in meaningful and insightful conversations.
We are seeking an experienced research professional to influence and contribute to our thought leadership research function with strong background and skills across the entire research project lifecycle, including scoping, design, execution, analysis, reporting, and presentation of both primary and secondary research. You will leverage your experience to drive the development of innovative and creative research methods to provide actionable insights and data trends for marketing, industry and sales activities, and collaborate across teams to exploit available in-house data and defining new data we should be gathering that is not currently available.
During your collaboration with groups across Autodesk, you will provide the industries and customers we serve with powerful insights to inspire them to accelerate their progress and to achieve the new possible. You will be a powerful advocate for the use of data to provide tangible customer value, shaping their decisions and changing their actions. The department will be new to having a standalone researcher, so potential candidates should be able to operate in a fast-moving and dynamic workplace. We are inclusive, work globally, and like to have a good laugh in a deadline-driven environment.
- Design, manage, and execute a variety of primary research projects, including quantitative research (e.g. surveys and polls) and qualitative research (e.g. focus groups and in-depth interviews)
- Identify and collect data sources and sets to mine for secondary research
- Analyze and interpret primary and secondary research to derive insights about our customers and industries in support of a compelling thought leadership narrative
- Deduce, draw conclusion and present data and insights in compelling ways to influence stakeholders
- Execute analytical experiments methodically to help validate various hypothesis
- University degree in statistics, research marketing, or related discipline
- 5+ years of relevant experience in market research, ideally from a research firm or B2B company
- Experience with the development of research approaches and of a broad range of methodologies and analytics approaches including secondary research, primary research, quant/qual surveys, focus groups, market monitoring, and producing actionable deliverables, etc.
- A demonstrated ability to think critically, solve problems, and develop a narrative based on data driven insights.
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills that support storytelling around insights and compel stakeholders to act
- Ability to see the link between high-level objectives and detailed practices
- Ability to find insights within information through proven and novel methods of research and data analysis
- Organized strategic yet creative thinker and self-starter
- Ability to work well virtually across a global organization
- Project management experience
- Inside knowledge of, at least, one industry that Autodesk serves: architecture, engineering, construction, automotive, media & entertainment, or design and manufacturing
- Inside knowledge of software data
- Has worked on data that has supported research publications
- Any other languages besides English
- Has worked in an international environment
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.