Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
Job Requisition ID #
Autodesk’s Entertainment & Media Group is hiring a Senior Product Manager who’ll drive Universal Scene Description (USD) standards and contribute to a wide array of initiatives within our product teams and across all of our core desktop and platform offerings.
In this newly created role, you’ll be part of our data leadership team and will be a key player in establishing our overall product strategy. You’ll represent and contribute to industry standards groups (USD, OTIO, Movie Labs Ontology, etc.) on behalf of Autodesk, and work with multi-disciplinary teams to reach our goals.This position can be hybrid and/or remote.
- Closelymonitor the direction of key industry standard projects, assess trends, determine impact anddefine andcommunicate your strategy with the leadership team
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to align goals and roadmaps
- Collaborateacrossseveralopen-formats projectsand foundationsto represent Autodesk
- Educate internal team members and customers on Autodesk’s on industry standards including: website copy, whitepapers, sales decks, FAQs, etc
- Identify and engage with key stakeholders in the industry
- Collaborate with designers and researchers to advocate for, plan, and execute user research and solution validation plans
- Use a lean product mindset to drive product decisions and roadmap development
- Document user needs in workflows, use cases, or customer journeys
- Set and evaluate product success using qualitative and quantitative measures
- Practice facilitative leadership to drive decision making and prioritization towards positive team and product outcomes
- Contribute to the product management culture at Autodesk
- 7+ years of professional experience in a relevant capacity with experience shipping technical solutions for creatives
- Direct experience working in the technical areas of VFX or Animationwith USD standards (TD, pipeline development, engineering, etc.)
- Ability to break down complex problems into user-focused solutions
- Able to define measurable outcomes and rally a team around these
- Experience evaluating a quickly moving competitive landscape
- Excellent verbal and written communication and persuasive presentation skills
- Familiarity with cloud computing and with distributed systems
- Strong project management skillsare an asset
- Experience navigating technical ecosystem including: participation and contribution to industry projects / foundations (e.g., Open Source, USD, etc.)is an asset
- Leadership abilities: a team player who contributes to the overall team’s growth and continuous improvement
- Strong storytelling abilities
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.