Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
Job Requisition ID #
Autodesk is seeking an Industry Strategy Manager for Water who can help accelerate the digital transformation of the water operations industry. As a member of the AEC Design Strategy team, you will be responsible for leading and driving the strategic planning process to frame strategy and drive alignment and execution on the Operations and Maintenance (O&M) industry within the overarching strategy for Water.
You will use your industry, business, and analytical expertise to support go-to-market strategies in water operations. You will partner and influence stakeholders across Autodesk, including product development and sales to determine the most effective strategies and actions to drive awareness, preference, and demand for Autodesk’s solutions throughout the water industry project lifecycle and especially in operations and maintenance.
You must be enthusiastic, self-motivated, and an excellent communicator. This role reports to the Senior Strategy Manager, Infrastructure
Business and Strategy planning
- Leads and develops Autodesk’s Water Operations strategy
- Creates compelling business plans to identify new market opportunities and investments
- Develops go-to-market strategies to achieve business growth goals
- Gathers and prioritizes market requirements to influence product roadmaps, and ensure Autodesk can effectively compete in target markets
- Collects and analyzes competitive market activity and dynamics
- Develops and manages strategic industry partnerships
- Develops and communicates inspirational, and differentiated stories for water owners and operators to be shared with customers, press, industry analysts, partners, and the internal Autodesk community
- Presents at customer executive briefings and key industry events Autodesk’s BIM, digital delivery, and digital twin vision and strategy
- Represents Autodesk in key water industry working groups and committees
- Collaborates with Autodesk sales, finance, and operations teams on go-to-market strategies
- Develops strong partnerships with product development teams to influence product requirements and prioritization to meet the needs of water owners and operators
- Serves as key point of contact for product and sales teams, throughout strategic planning, and go-to-market execution
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Civil Engineering. MBA a plus
- Experience and/or solid understanding of the Water Utility marketplace
- Solid understanding of Building Information Modelling (BIM), Digital Project Delivery, Digital Twin, Cloud technologies or API consumption and other emerging technologies in AEC
- At least 5 years of engineering design and/or project management experience on large water project. Experience in asset management, project management in water and/or wastewater systems operations or water utility infrastructure maintenance experience is preferred
- At least 2 year in business development and/or strategy roles
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Highly motivated, results-oriented, self-starter with strong analytical, presentation and communication skills
- Strong awareness of competitive product landscape in water operations,
- Exceptional leadership skills, experience in defining a market vision and influence in large, complex, and global organizations
- Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills, ability to present to large groups including external stakeholders
- Ability to successfully function in a matrixed organization; ability to influence, coordinate and drive decisions to closure
- Manage multiple projects concurrently, thrives in a dynamic environment where requirements shift to meet changing business needs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and proven ability to communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical audience
- Ability to travel approximately 40%
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.