Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
Job Requisition ID #
Autodesk is a global leader in 3D design, engineering, and entertainment software. The work we do at Autodesk touches nearly every person on the planet. By creating software tools for making buildings, machines, and even the latest movie, we get to influence and empower some of the most creative people in the world to solve problems that matter. The success and growth of Autodesk can be attributed not only to its exceptional products, but also to its unique culture, which brings together the best and the brightest in a combined mission of innovation and creativity.We are continually ranked as a top place to work by Fortune, Forbes, Glassdoor, and others. We are growing our Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) team in Toronto and looking for outstanding individuals to join our team and help Autodesk change the future of manufacturing. We’re looking for a Senior UI Developer with experience in Client-side (Web) software development, to join our team. This team develops, maintains and supports Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solutions & services, including Fusion Manage, Manage Extension for Fusion 360, and Upchain. As a Senior UI Developer, you will be participating and leading efforts to deliver and support UI components and software solutions to meet the growing Data Management and PLM needs of our customers.
- Work collaboratively on an Agile scrum team and actively participate in All Agile ceremonies
- Apply continuous attention to technical excellence and good design, resulting in a straightforward solution and reducing complexity
- Participate in the design of software components
- Understand, embrace and promote Agile methodologies, principles, and values
- Work with your scrum team to deliver working software frequently
- Produce high quality, testable, secure, scalable, and performant code
- Create and maintain technical documentation
- Practice continuous learning and actively participate in knowledge-sharing sessions as a presenter and as an attendee
- Contribute to creating, monitoring, and maintaining test automations
- Collaborate with User Experience and User Interface Design groups in implementing mockups, workflows, and general information architecture
- Collaborate with Product Owner(s) in detailing the workflows, slicing work to be done iteratively, adding value over time
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- A proactive, accountable person with a strong understanding of Agile and Scaled Agile development practices/tooling and a broad knowledge of full software development lifecycle
- An active listener and tactful communicator with the strong interpersonal skills needed to work with various stakeholders
- A multitasker capable of prioritizing and managing your time and multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced, time-sensitive, results-oriented environment
- Willingness to collaborate with colleagues across different time zones which may require limited work outside normal working hours
- Willingness to adapt to changing business needs and priorities and acceptance of changing requirements, even late in the development cycle
- Concepts like prototype-based inheritance, scopes, event loop, memory management in JS, etc.
- Experience in ES6 and React framework
- Experience working with RESTful APIs
- Understanding of latest paradigms in Front End Development such as Pub-Sub Pattern, Redux, RxJS, Service Workers, Client Caching, Lazy Loading, Dynamic Injection, Bundle Optimization, etc.
- Understanding of CI-CD concepts
- Understanding of E2E automation frameworks. Experience with Cypress, Protractor, etc. is a plus
- Awareness of Front-End build and optimization strategies, compile and packaging tools such as Webpack, Grunt, Gulp, etc.
- Experience with Node.js is a plus
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.