Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
Job Requisition ID #
Senior Software Engineer, Cloud Services
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Cloud services are transforming the way the world designs, builds and makes everything around us. Autodesk move to a flexible subscription-based offering for our software has accelerated Autodesk’s move to the cloud, and our adoption of AWS as the platform of choice. With several services already serving the needs of architects and engineers well over the globe, the opportunity to shape the future of their work has never been greater! Autodesk’s cloud services are some of the most rapidly growing and strategically important segments in our company.
The Autodesk Building Design team is seeking an accomplished and highly motivated individual to develop cloud applications in the Building Information Modeling industry, working with the Revit feature team that is responsible for cloud-enabled Revit Worksharing.
Revit Worksharing cloud teams run a mission critical cloud service for many of the largest organizations in the world and we are providing a distributed, scalable and highly reliable service for our customers. As you might expect, customers of this nature have the highest expectations of enterprise features, regulatory compliance, reliability, and availability and of course about the security of our service. Our engineers have full access to AWS resources and lots of opportunities to develop skills and techniques needed to design, build, test, deploy, monitor and support software for the cloud.
If you are a software developer proficient in working on cloud applications and enjoy working in a dynamic, fast-paced team with innovative technologies, we would love to hear from you!
Work collaboratively with a cross-functional agile team that is responsible for the entire software development process from analyzing market needs through the delivery of working software
- Design, prototype, implement and test software features
- Understand and help refine functional requirements for new products or upgrades
- Re-factor, optimize, and enhance existing code, algorithms and services
- Collaborate with the extended team of software developers, product designers and quality assurance engineers across worldwide engineering sites
- Estimate effort and schedule for projects, adhering to quality standards and continuously adapting to change of requirements
- Work closely with QA engineers in functional testing and problem resolution
- Work with data analytics systems, product support and customer groups to understand how customers are using our services and products
- Working experience with C# and .NET development.
- Working experience enhancing and resolving issues in pre-existing code
- Knowledge of typical web application architecture (data, application, web tiers etc.)
- Knowledge of CI/CD concepts and building or using a deployment pipeline such as Jenkins.
- Good communication skills that enable effective communication with both technical and domain experts
- Bachelor of Science or higher degree in computer science or equivalent.
- Relevant professional experience.
- Experience with REST API development in a Service Oriented Architecture (microservices architecture).
- Experience building apps on AWS using services such as S3, DynamoDB, IAM, EC2, and Lambda etc.
- Experience with using Docker to build containerized applications
- Knowledge of security best practices for a modern cloud service.
- Knowledge of network infrastructure and components (load balancing, NAT, scaling, etc.)
Top Signs That You’re a Strong Candidate
- You have cloud expertise built into your DNA. Cloud design pattern, tools and best practices are your daily business.
- You are skilled at the art of designing and implementing solutions and processes that are simple, robust and efficient.
- You are a perpetual learner and keep yourself apprised of latest tools and technologies. Armed with the knowledge, you often find yourself ideating about new and improved ways of doing things, and you are confident to share your ideas with peers and stakeholders.
- You are skilled at getting work done together. As a team player and effective communicator, you easily build collaborative relationships with technical and non-technical colleagues, that are competent to work in a distributed team.
- You have an ability to deliver results and a strong desire to succeed. You are comfortable working in an agile environment and can manage competing and changing priorities with little guidance, while still reaching the highest standards of your performance.
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.