Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
Job Requisition ID #
An exciting new opportunity has opened for a Database Administrator within the Autodesk Fusion 360 Data and Process Management team. The successful candidate will help design, manage, operate, and scale database solutions for the cloud-based data services that enable the Fusion 360 family of products.
- Install, upgrade, patch various RDBMS databases from development to production environments
- Monitoring of system health and performance to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security
- Work with development teams to evaluate data design, reviewing database migration scripts, provide technical support on SQL tuning and educate developers to write efficient queries for production workload
- Assist development and support team with troubleshooting customer production issues related to performance and service availability
- Review and evaluate current databases and provide recommendations for solutions, performance tuning, and other ways to optimize database applications
- Analyze, troubleshoots, and resolves database related issues in a timely manner
- Develop scripts and automation to improve the efficiency of database administration and maintenance
- Define and monitor key database SLI / SLO metrics
- Create, maintain, and improve documentation and database maintenance procedures
- Participate in production support and on-call rotation
- Self-starter mindset with a strong drive to learn and own initiatives to promote a culture of continuous improvement, and excellence
- 4-5 years of experience managing Cloud databases
- Demonstrated experience working as a MySQL and/or PostgreSQL DBA
- Experience in managing databases on AWS (Aurora, RDS, DynamoDB)
- Strong proficiency Performance tuning, query optimization, index tuning
- Excellent understanding of stored procedures, UDFs, triggers, query hints, indexes, views, etc
- Experience working with large multi-terabytes databases
- Experience with any relevant language (Shell, Python /Perl, Terraform)
- Experience administering Microsoft SQL Server a plus
- Knowledge of Linux & Windows environments
- Knowledge and experience with full SDLC lifecycle
- Working knowledge of containers and cloud services
- Experience working with multi-tenancy database a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field; Computer Science preferred
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.