Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
Job Requisition ID #
Principal Backend Software Engineer@Autodesk
Autodesk has fully reimagined the construction business for the digital age, enabling companies to address the most important challenges they face today while preparing for new ways of working in the future. The Autodesk Construction Solutions (ACS) portfolio connects the office, trailer and field so customers can move seamlessly through each phase of a building’s lifecycle – from design and preconstruction to construction, turnover and operations – with best-in-class solutions that include Assemble Systems, BIM 360, BuildingConnected and PlanGrid. General contractors, subcontractors, and owners around the world rely on ACS to win more work, enhance collaboration, speed decision-making, reduce risk, and improve overall project outcomes.
The Field Issues team is building a best-in-class issue tracking system for the construction industry. The end users are general contractors, sub-contractors, architects, and consultants that need to be able to take their work with them wherever they are on the construction site or in the office. The issues product is one of the most used tools inside Autodesk Construction Solutions that connects millions of data points every month. Unresolved and untracked issues can cost our customers hours in time and millions in their bottom line. Our customers rely on this issue ecosystem to track, assign, and report on safety, quality, design, coordination issues throughout the entire construction lifecycle from design to handover.
- Develop high-level designs and implement highly scalable web and cloud solutions
- Collaborate with architects, product designers, product managers, engineers to implementhigh-quality solutions
- Provide leadership to the team in conjunction with otherseniorengineers
- Proactively and continuously evaluate and address issues related to performance, stability, scalability, and extensibility ofthesystems
- Research and prototype new ideas, technologies and patterns relating to the task
- Take full ownership of the initiative and deliver it end to endsolution
- 8+ years of backend development experience
- 8+ years developing backend solutions using Python or Node.js
- Expertise with SQL/Postgres DB
- Strong ability to design scalable, available, resilient and cost-effective applications in the cloud (preferably AWS). The candidate should have the ability to pick out the right tech stack and tools for the problem to be solved
- Strong communication skills with the ability to converse fluently with multiple types of audiences ranging from managers, customers, and software developers
- Convert complex software solutions into technical tasks
- Ability to work well in a team to deliver on team goals
- Flexibility under changing conditions and ability to multitask between projects
- Self-directed and requires minimal supervision
- Passionate about programming, learning and working together
Remote work allowed Brazil or Mexico
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Autodesk has always valued flexibility in how we work. We continue to provide employees flexibility to support their work preferences wherever possible and nearly all roles are hybrid or remote, unless otherwise indicated.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.