Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
Job Requisition ID #
Autodesk is looking for Senior Software Engineers to join a new team within Data Platform & Insights (DPI). You will be working with the Enterprise Data Integration (EDI) team, a collection of systems and integrations focused on servicing the enterprise data needs of all data scientists, data analysts and data engineers throughout the organization.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for developing best practices and making architectural choices to rapidly improve critical data processing & analytics pipelines. You will tackle hard problems to improve the platform’s reliability, resiliency, and scalability.
We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic about working in a team, can lead and drive long-term projects to completion. You are detail and quality oriented, and excited about the prospects of having a big impact with data at Autodesk. Our tech stack includes Hive, Spark, Presto, Jenkins, Snowflake, Datadog and various AWS services.
- You will be a founding member of a new team, tasked with modernizing and expanding a critical set of existing systems
- You will need a product-focused mindset. It is essential for you to understand business requirements and architect systems that will scale and extend to accommodate those needs
- Break down complex problems, document technical solutions and sequence work to make fast, iterative improvements
- Build and scale data infrastructure that powers batch and real-time data processing of billions of records
- Automate cloud infrastructure, services, and observability
- Develop CI/CD pipelines and testing automation
- Interface with data engineers, data scientists, product managers and all data stakeholders to understand their needs and promote best practices
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience in large back-end systems, data processing and SQL databases
- Strong overall programming skills, able to write modular, maintainable code, preferably Python & SQL
- Experience building code-driven infrastructure on public cloud platforms, preferably AWS
- Understanding of SQL, dimensional modeling, and analytics data warehouses, like Snowflake
- Familiar with workflow management tools, like Airflow and Oozie
- Experience with automation frameworks/tools like Git, Jenkins, Ansible, and Terraform
- Familiarity with containers and infrastructure-as-code fundamentals
- Solid Proficiency with Amazon Web Services
- Experience with Map Reduce
- Experience with Hive and one relational DB
- Problem solver with excellent written and interpersonal skills; ability to make sound, complex recommendations in a fast-paced, technical environment
- Humble, collaborative, team player, willing to step up and support your colleagues
- Effective communication, problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Commit to grow deeper in the knowledge and understanding of how to improve our existing applications
- Enthusiasm for cutting edge technologies, complex problems, and building things
- Familiar with non-functional testing such as load, performance and resiliency testing
- Good command of English (Speaking, Writing and Reading)
- Working in an agile environment using test driven methodologies
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship or work experience
- Experience with Spark
- Experience with Hadoop / Spark Source Code
- Strong knowledge and experience in Hadoop 2.0 and its ecosystem
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.