Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
Job Requisition ID #
The Customer Success Specialist (CSS) is a strategic post-sales role to drive on-boarding, adoption and retention of our most at-risk and valuable INDIRECT accounts by providing guidance and resources directly to customers that demonstrates business value from their Autodesk investment.A CSS will partner with sales teams, reseller partner ecosystems, technical support, client services, etc. in a select sales market and territory. A CSS will help identify expansion opportunities as a part of their customer engagement and promote those opportunities to the appropriate sales channel to drive and transact.
- Drive a high volume of quality engagements via phone, e-mail, social media, and other mechanisms with various customer contacts to maximize impact on customer success
- Collaborate effectively with sales teams and both internal and external partners to achieve renewal and expansion of the business relationship with at-risk and high value customers
- Develop and execute a territory plan to effectively utilize available resources, manage time and resources effectively, and achieve or exceed assigned targets and goals
- Drive or support the closure of renewals together with reseller partners within an assigned territory, industry or market
- Discover through customer engagement the customer’s business challenges specific to their industry
- Support a customer’s journey through onboarding, adoption, retention, and expansion to achieve customer success
- Leverage an understanding of customer success principles, approaches and metrics when working with at-risk customers
- Articulate business workflow and industry trends that impact the customers business challenges
- Utilize people and technology resources appropriately to correctly assess risk of retention for assigned renewal opportunities
- Employ provided technology solutions to document all customer opportunities and customer activity
- Monitor customer usage data, health indicators, renewal dates and growth opportunities and translate into strategies for success, together with reseller partners and internal sales teams
- Build strong relationships for business planning with extended team
- Identify opportunities for expanding Autodesk’s business with a customer and transfer the expansion opportunity to the appropriate sales team member and/or reseller partner for follow up and next steps
- Respond to partner and customer inquiries in a professional and prompt manner
- Build strong customer and reseller partner relationships for repeat business
- Forge strong customer relationships and insights over the phone
- Prioritize, multi-task and perform effectively under pressure
- Link business processes with product and technical solutions
- Experience in the software or SaaS sales or renewals environment
- Experience with Salesforce or another CRM software
- Proficient in MS Office products (Excel, Word, MS Outlook, MS PowerPoint)
- Background needs to be in customer-facing roles including account management, customer support, project management, customer success, or sales
- Strong empathy for customers AND passion for revenue and growth
- Program or Project Management skills are an asset
- Excellent interpersonal skills will be needed to build strong relationships, particularly with field organizations and business partners, which will be critical to success
- Experience in managing issues, scope, and quality while bringing areas of responsibility and tasks to completion under strict deadlines
- Highly skilled at multi-tasking with the ability to quickly adapt and learn.
- Collaborative and consultative work style, ability to thrive in a high velocity, highly dynamic work environment
- Highly skilled at managing time between calls, troubleshooting follow-ups, customer relationship management, and new customer outreach
- Ability to think outside the box as needed with an instinct for innovation
- Ability to build collaborative relationships within sales as well as sales support to facilitate better customer experience
- Experience with complex, escalated customer situations, ability to navigate large organizations and gain executive-level buy-in
- Experience internally collaborating and influencing large matrixed organization
- Knowledge of sales organizations and approaches
- Strong phone skills required
- Strong verbal and written skills required
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Autodesk has always valued flexibility in how we work. We continue to provide employees flexibility to support their work preferences wherever possible and nearly all roles are hybrid or remote, unless otherwise indicated.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.