Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
Job Requisition ID #
Autodesk is seeking a dynamic and experienced Solution Engineer to join its Media & Entertainment Technical Sales team, ideally located in Los Angeles, on the doorstep of many of its major M&E customers. In this role, you will be responsible for leading and presenting all aspects of the Autodesk M&E software portfolio to our high-profile customers with an emphasis on ShotGrid and Maya. The primary goal of this role is to understand M&E customer challenges and communicate how our solutions can play a pivotal part in solving their problems.
The ideal candidate will be an energetic and inspirational communicator with poise, grace and passion for the VFX, Animation and Games industries, and interested in learning new skills. This person will be capable of building strong collaborative relationships and will relish the opportunity to be part of a dynamic and successful team serving an exciting industry. A highly competitive salary and benefits package, excellent career development potential, and the opportunity to be part of a company that defines its industry awaits.
The successful candidate will bring deep knowledge of Production Management with at least 5 years of real-world industry experience in Film, Television, or Games production. Additionally, the candidate will bring deep knowledge of 3D Digital Content Creation in a production environment with at least 5 years of experience as a technical artist or technical lead in the VFX, Animation and/or Games industries.
The Solution Engineer partners with sales teams and authorized Autodesk resellers to contribute to the development of a pipeline of prospects and the execution of closing business. This role is multi-faceted and requires unique combination of technical skills and emotional intelligence to be the public face of Autodesk.
LA or West Coast
- Perform process assessments for new and existing customers in order to understand their technical and business challenges. Then identify areas of opportunity to propose Autodesk solutions to address these challenges
- Demonstrate proposed solutions & product overviews and relate them to the customer’s technical and business issues in order to generate sales of Autodesk solutions
- Develop and conducts technical, professional product presentations and demonstrations of our software in small and large forums
- Position and sell the unique value proposition of Autodesk solutions in competitive sales situations against other vendors
- Develops long-term customer relationships, and advocate on their behalf towards product development and product direction
- Impress customers with exceptional attention to detail and follow-through in order to maintain and grow respected, trusted advisor relationships
- Support the success of Autodesk resellers by mentoring and training their staff on technical sales through the creation of content that helps communicate the value proposition of our solutions
- Actively contribute to Autodesk blogs and leverage social media in order to act as an evangelist for the M&E product line
- ShotGrid knowledge and application on a film, VFX, animation, or games production
- 5 Years of production management experience (in a Producer/Manager/Coordinator/Developer role)and an understanding of common production workflows and pipelines
- Extensive hands-on Maya expertise working within games, film, episodic, and/or animation production environments
- 5+ Years of experience as a TD or technical artist and thorough understanding of common production workflows and pipelines
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Self-motivated and ability to self-manage
- Ability to lead projects – examples include Client Consulting, Training, and Internal Workflow
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience
- Fluent in English
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 50% of the time
- Experience with Python, C++, Ruby, or any other scripting language would be advantageous
- Previous experience delivering training, workshops, demos and/or presentations
- Jira knowledge and experience are a significant plus
- An additional language (notably French or Spanish) would be a considerable advantage
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.