Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
Job Requisition ID #
Location: Hybrid : San Francisco Bay Area
As a Perception Research Scientist in the Robotics team at Autodesk Research, you’ll build advanced perception capabilities for robotics applications. We are a team of researchers, engineers, designersandindustry domain experts working on projects that range from deep-learning, computer vision, reinforcement-learning, motion planning, simulation, human-robot cooperation and more for robotic applications in manufacturing and construction. We work out of the beautifulAutodesk Pier 9facility on theSan Francisco Bay and collaborate extensively with other groups in Autodesk Research including the AI Lab.
We are looking for a Perception Research Scientist interested in developing and applying state-of-the-art perception techniques to Robotic Manipulation. The ideal candidate would have experience applying deep-learning and computer vision techniques to perception problems in robotics like object pose estimation, calibration, object tracking, visual serving, or inspection. The ideal candidate will also have a solid background in building high-quality perception software components, integrating perception with robots, and working with the latest state-of-the-art visual sensors (2D and 3D).
Autodesk’s Robotics Lab is active in the wider research community, targeting publications atICRA, IROS, CoRL, RSS, RoboARCH and other top-tier conferences. We collaboratewith top academic labs and industry, combining the best of an academic environment with product-driven research.
- Lead the development of perception techniques for robotic applications
- Build and test software deployable on edge and cloud-based platforms
- Integrate and test with simulated and real industrial robot system
- Publish research at top Robotics, Perception and AI conferences
- Communicate ideas, problems, and results within and outside Autodesk Research
- Collaborate with researchers and developers in Autodesk Research and academic/industry partners
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Robotics or an affiliated discipline
- Excellent programming and software development skills, with experience in Python, C++, and git
- Hands-on experience developing deep-learning systems for robotic perception including object pose estimation, synthetic data generation, camera calibration and related topics
- Experience developing with OpenCV
- Experience developing with PyTorch/Tensor-flow
- Experience with state-of-the-art 2D and 3D sensing including development of hardware drivers
- An excellent communicator and a team player
- 3-5 years industry or post-doc experience building software for and integrating perception systems with robots
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.