Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
Job Requisition ID #
Location: USA/Canada Remote
- Design and development of features for a set of products you will be proud of
- Improve the performance, availability and scalability of our applications
- Review code with an eye for sustainability and performance
- Evangelize best practices and mentor others
- Bachelor of Science in computer science or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of software development building single page web apps presenting complex data in multiple languages, technologies and tools
- Solid understanding of typical web application architecture (data, application, web tiers etc.)
- Experience working with AWS, to deploy Web Applications and APIs
- Strong knowledge and experience with the latest versions of HTML, CSS, SASS, etc.
- Experience with security best practices for a modern web application
- Experience writing and running functional tests using Jest, Enzyme, React Testing Library
- Experience working on agile software projects with frequent deployments
- Familiarity with CI/CD concepts and experience working with source control (git is a plus) and a deployment pipeline
- Experience with ES6
- Experience with REST APIs
- Interest in exploring and experimenting with new technologies
- Experience working with web development tools such as: npm, Webpack, bootstrap-sass
- Experience with CI tools (preferably Jenkins) and GIT (with GitHub)
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services or other cloud infrastructure technologies including container services (Docker is a plus)
- Familiarity with basic network infrastructure and components (load balancing, routing, scaling, etc.)
The Ideal Candidate
- You can’t get enough of web applications. When you find a new site you like, you immediately fire up the dev tools to see what makes it go
- You care a lot about how web software is built. If you find poorly structured code, inline and unorganized styles or html that’s a mess of divs, it makes you wince in pain a little bit and you want badly to go fix it. Good patterns and structure are a part of you and your code is ready to go to production when you commit it
- You believe you can help customers understand their data better. You’re frustrated when you see data presented poorly. Finding better ways to present, view and use it is an itch you must scratch. You are an advocate for the user!
- You are a fast learner and keen to work with the latest tools and technologies. You are a perpetual learner and often find yourself trying new tools and improved ways of doing things and are eager to both share your ideas with the rest of the team and learn theirs as well
- You like working in a team. As a team player and effective communicator, you easily build collaborative relationships with technical and non-technical colleagues. You enjoy working with distributed team members
- You have a strong desire and ability to deliver results. You succeed and consistently reach the highest standards in a dynamic, agile environment with changing priorities. You can work independently and manage multiple tasks with direction or feedback from stakeholders and team members
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.