Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
Job Requisition ID #
The Market Insights Analyst is responsible for sourcing, managing, and evangelizing third-party data for Worldwide Marketing and other organizations. The analyst will research, vet, and procure sources of market data in support of strategic decision making. This role will be responsible for managing data vendors, analyzing market data to generate insights, and promoting the proper use of market data within the company. The analyst will be part of the Strategy and Data Insights team in Worldwide Marketing.
- Lead and coordinate the scoping, development, and delivery of market datasets between stakeholders and vendors
- Generate market insights for stakeholders and executives in conjunction with internal data
- Present insights in written and verbal formats (e.g. PPT presentations
- Plan, execute, and analyze proof-of-concept trials and continuously innovate through new methods, data sources, or technology
- Partner with stakeholders on how to best utilize market data in their decision-making process through quantitative approaches
- Manage our relationship with market data vendors
- Coordinate meetings, manage procurement process, and manage other interactions between Autodesk and data vendors
- Partner with enablement and training to create training guides, reference documentation, and other materials related to the application of market data
- Understand our market including the industries, customers, business models, and solutions to have a point of view on how our market datasets should evolve and what additional data that would be valuable
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, engineering, mathematics or other quantitative fields
- 2-4 years of experience working with vendors, corporate customers, or other external organizations
- Market Intelligence experience such as sizing markets, leveraging competitive intelligence to inform business decisions, and understanding industry trends to inform business decisions
- Demonstrated ability to derive business insights from data and communicate them to different audience levels (e.g. executives) verbally as well as written
- Advanced abilities in Excel
- Stakeholder management skills to drive toward results
- Intermediate level SQL query skills and working knowledge of relational database concepts
- Solid documentation and technical writing skills
- Ownership and responsibility of market datasets such as the Total Addressed Market or competitive intelligence
- Working knowledge of Database Technologies such as Snowflake, AWS S3, or Other data warehouse technologies
- Working knowledge of Data Profiling/Wrangling such as SQL DDL/DML, Trifacta, Power Query
- Working knowledge of Data Visualization (PowerBI)
- Working knowledge of Scripting Languages such as Python, Java, Scala, or similar high-level languages
- Advanced analytic experience (linear regression, hypothesis testing, etc.)
- Experience working with market intelligence vendors
- Open to recent MBA graduates
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.