Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
Job Requisition ID #
We are looking for a User Experience Designer which is an innovative futurist, a creative thinker, a supportive mentor, a self-motivated team player, and a skilled SCRUM partner all rolled into one. Our user experience designers use creative problem-solving skills to continually challenge the team to think beyond the expected, and ship high-quality experiences our customers will love. They’re seasoned leaders with expertise in facilitating conversations to solve complex problems.
- Consulting with clients to understand their goals
- Explaining user research results to internal and external stakeholders
- Developing personas and usage scenarios
- Conducting usability testing
- Creating wireframes, storyboards, sitemaps and screen flows
- Creating product prototypes
- Analysing user feedback and activity, and iterating to enhance the user experience
- Assisting with content development
- Conducting competitor and customer analysis
- Preparing customer analyses based on our target demographic and initial transactions
- Participate in creating a content development strategy
- Coordinate with team on issues like navigation, page routing, product page design and more
- Track usability goals and prepare reports for senior management
- Develop mock-ups for our development and design team
- At least 10 years of professional experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a relevant field of study
- Experience with agile software design methods
- Experience applying UX within Agile software development environments
- Familiarity with visualizing and prototyping intended solutions at various levels of fidelity, from high-level wireframes or mock-ups to conceptual presentations to highly technical documents and diagrams
- Strength in human-centered design best practices
- Visual or graphic design background
- A compelling portfolio demonstrating your previous work
- Strength in depth across a wide range of design tools and methods
- Proficient in design tools (Figma, Adobe Suites)
- Proficient in video editing (Premiere, After Effects, Final Cut Pro)
- Good English speaking and writing skills
The Ideal Candidate
- A strong sense of ownership: You strive for deep understanding, build the appropriate solution to get the job done, and iterate quickly to deliver high impact results
- Customer empathy: You have a high degree of customer empathy and drive to understand users’ pain points. You strive to frame problems using the best conceptual models
- You have a deep commitment to delivering exceptional product experiences
- You are a brilliant communicator, collaborator and facilitator
- You are action-oriented, with a willingness to show, tell and iterate on ideas
- You can shift between big picture and details whenever needed
- You are a self-starter with a hunger to learn new things
You should apply even if you don’t feel that your credentials are a 100% match with the position description – we are looking for relevant skills and attributes, not a checklist of experience that exactly matches the position itself.
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.