Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
Job Requisition ID #
As a global leader in 3D design, engineering, and entertainment software, Autodesk helps people imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk accelerates better design through an unparalleled depth of experience and a broad portfolio of software to give customers the power to solve their design, business, and environmental challenges. This is an exciting time to join us on our multi-year journey to disrupt the Design to Manufacture world with Fusion 360 by delivering unprecedented value and converging workflows with cloud-based technology. We are rapidly combining many world leading technologies and teams into the Fusion 360 family. The role is in the Platform Organization within the Product Design and Manufacturing Solutions division. This team defines and builds the software platform the Fusion 360 family of products is built upon. We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer to help us fulfil the mission of the organization which is to drive developer productivity, cross platform device independence and software platform consistency.
- Work on making the changes to the core Fusion 360 platform and achieve cross platform device independence
- Design, implement, test and maintain features for Fusion 360 based on stakeholders’ requirements (note that our code base is mostly written in C++)
- Write technical design documents, participate in design and code reviews, develop estimates for tasks and document code
- Work with an extended team of software developers, QAs and product designers in the US and other worldwide engineering sites
- Mentor junior engineers on the team and act as a technical lead in areas of your expertise
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or other relevant engineering discipline
- 5 years of professional C++ programming experience
- Current knowledge of C++ standards and specifications
- Outstanding programming, debugging and problem-solving skills
- Familiar with Design Patterns and strong Object-Oriented programming skills
- Knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and STL
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well in a team to deliver on team goals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Familiar with cross-platform application development using Visual Studio development environment on Windows and XCode on the MacOS
- Experience with Scrum methodology
- Mobile and Browser development experience is a plus
- Ability to learn large software systems quickly
- Leadership experience as a Team Lead or Tech Lead in previous roles
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.