Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
Job Requisition ID #
Looking for a manufacturing role like no other? Looking to make a real change in the world? Want to take on real world challenges and apply cutting edge technology to solve them? Then you are the person we’re looking for!
We are looking for a Manufacturing Specialist with a strong CNC Machining background to join the Birmingham Technology Centre team to work on live customer projects and support the development, testing and promotion of our Fusion 360 platform.
You will be responsible for working directly with a wide range of users to
show off the amazing capabilities of our hardware and software. Our unique workshop relies on somebody to have both excellent technical skills, including G-Code fluency, various controller experience and tool library management. Alongside the machining knowledge, producing and delivering engaging internal and external content of various formats showcasing our technologies, will be key deliverables for the role.
This position is based in the Autodesk Technology Centre in Birmingham 5 days a week.
- Experience of Multi-axis machining and/or twin spindle turning.
- Actively supports software product development and testing activities to include, reporting, engagements in scrum meetings, being the voice of the customer in business group meetings.
- An ability to talk and present confidently to customers with both live on machine demonstrations and in product software demonstrations.
- Works with marketing teams to provide support in creating engaging content from our Technology Centre.
- A willingness to share and impart their industry knowledge and manufacturing experience with colleagues from within the organisation via training programs.
- Builds strong and productive internal and external networks and contacts to help support the business objectives.
- The ability to work independently and proactively in line with the business unit objectives.
- When required, works flexibly around the company needs.
- Full apprenticeship with solid experience in a Toolroom/machine shop, manufacturing environment
- Experience in programming and manufacturing High Value components with preferably 5-axis programming.
- Experience using Autodesk manufacturing solutions on production parts would be an advantage, however, experience of an alternative CAD/CAM system would also be considered.
- A minimum HNC in a mechanical engineering.
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.