Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
Job Requisition ID #
Location : Any location in Canada/USA remote
(but you are welcome to come to the Montreal or Toronto office)
Autodesk is looking for a passionate Senior Python Developer to join the ShotGrid Ecosystem team with the mission to help improve how ShotGrid is integrated in major applications like Maya, 3ds Max, Flame or Houdini but also to help our client build tools with our ShotGrid Python API.
You will be part of the team that collaborates with Film, VFX or Game Studios to help them to operate more effectively and with greater creative agility!
Are you a senior python expert who is dreaming to work in the world of Media and Entertainment? This will be the perfect job for you!
This is an opportunity to work with top production studios to build advanced tools and solutions!
You will collaborate closely with these top studios on a wide variety of areas to streamline, tailor, and refine their ShotGrid workflows along with developing customer-facing product enhancements, troubleshooting and resolving production-blocking issues. Leverage and advance your industry knowledge and software development. Provide advice, design features, make fixes, and interface with top studios – all in a day’s work.
• Collaborate with top studios on ShotGrid to understand their existing pipelines, and solution requirements to improve efficiency or functionality of those pipelines
• Maintain the build and automation framework for the ShotGrid Toolkit and APIs
• Work with other developers, user experience designers, QAs, and product owners to identify, troubleshoot, design, and develop product fixes and enhancements.
• Develop high quality code, write functional tests, and collaborate on technical designs
• Expert knowledge of thePython language
• Experiencewith revision control systems (GitHub)
• Experience with applying Agile software development methodologies
• Ability to learn quickly and to adapt to frequent change
• Ability to communicate effectively and to collaborate across organizations
• Must beopentoworkingonwidevarietyof assignments
• Written and verbal communication skills in English(and Frenchin Quebec)
• Development experience on Macand Linux
• Some knowledge of the C++ language
• On theback-end: some knowledge of Ruby
• 3-5 years ShotGrid production experience(bonus: Film, VFX or Games pipeline)
With Autodesk software, you have the power to Make Anything. The future of making is here, bringing with it radical changes in the way things are designed, made, and used. It’s disrupting every industry: architecture, engineering, and construction; manufacturing; and media and entertainment. With the right knowledge and tools, this disruption is your opportunity. Our software is used by everyone – from design professionals, engineers and architects to digital artists, students and hobbyists. We constantly explore new ways to integrate all dimensions of diversity across our employees, customers, partners, and communities. Our ultimate goal is to expand opportunities for anyone to imagine, design, and make a better world.
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.