Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
Job Requisition ID #
Remote Work /Canada
Do you get a kick out of developing software to process millions of records on daily basis? Do you dream about code every night? If so, we’d love to talk to you about our data pipelines and reporting suites. We’re looking for a passionate Software Engineer who always sweats the small stuff and cares about impeccable code.
- Develop high quality, scalable, secure, stable code for use in products and solutions for customers, making it easier for other developers to maintain, enhance and reuse
- Apply continuous attention to technical excellence and good design, resulting in a straightforward solution and reducing complexity
- Develop and maintain Unit Tests; strive to automate testing as much as possible
- Ensure new code follows best security practices
- Document new code and features developed, including changes to existing code
- Write and present code design specifications
- Participate in code reviews to ensure new code conforms to standards
- Interact with customers to identify and resolve product defects; work directly with business people daily
- Maintain, troubleshoot and debug code, as required
- Test newly developed features to ensure they are functioning properly
- Participate in developing test plans, including regression tests, for newly developed software or feature
- Ensure new code, feature or software product meets performance goals/metrics
- Research and resolve defects logged by customers or QA and document all changes made
- Understands, embraces and promotes agile methodologies, principles and values within the team. Participate in team retrospectives and feedback loops to improve on future iterations
- Work with Product Owner and/or Product Manager/Team to understand and help refine functional requirements for new products or upgrades and have a clear understanding of what definition of “done” is
- Mentor and provide direction to less experienced software engineers regarding company development processes and product architecture, at senior levels
- Develop depth in at least one technical area, but breadth in numerous areas to be a greater asset to the team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering or Information Technology
- Required 3 to 5 years of full stack software development experience
- Extensive experience with Python, Java, shell script and databases like MySQL, PostgreSQL or Aurora
- Working knowledge of ML technologies like SageMaker and Rekognition is desirable
- Working knowledge of AWS technologies e.g., S3, EMR.
- Working knowledge of Big Data Technologies like RedShift, Kafka, Snowflake etc.
- Excellent analyzing and problem-solving skills
- Team player attitude with a willingness to lead when necessary
- Ability to document requirements and specifications
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.