Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
Job Requisition ID #
We are seeking an experienced digital product management leader to set the direction and roadmap of our evolving platform for digital self-service and customer contact. Our primary focus is delivering an Autodesk Assistant as a chatbot that can field any customer inquiry in any context throughout our digital ecosystem, resolving half of those inquiries through digital self-service and providing a seamless handoff to a sales or support representative when needed. To deliver this we also develop capabilities including embedded self-service experiences that allow us to deliver self-help, troubleshooting, and AI-assisted conversational workflows as part of the chatbot and other experiences. We approach this by developing our platform as a pluggable and configurable framework whose mission is to integrate best-of-breed commercial and open source solutions for AI-assisted self-service and agent-based interaction, yet deliver them through a consistent experience for our global customers. This is a high-visibility initiative sponsored by the Chief Digital Officer and directly tied to corporate goals.At Autodesk, you will work within an inclusive culture that advocates and celebrates diversity and offers competitive and equitable salaries, generous benefits, exciting career growth opportunities, and a work-life balance.
The Director of Product Management – Digital Assistance manages multiple product managers who work in very close collaboration with team members from experience design, analytics, data science, architecture as well as a dedicated engineering team to deliver compelling platform capabilities as well as delightful customer experience, both online and inside our products. In this role you and your team will also be partnering with the customer-facing delivery teams that provide support, sales and pre-sales assistance as you and your team build innovative digital transformation solutions that bridge the gap between those delivery teams and our web site or commercial product experiences. To deliver these capabilities you and your team will also collaborate closely with engineering teams that provide platforms for data science and personalization; contact center management and knowledge discovery and delivery.
- Champion and execute a holistic and actionable platform vision and strategy for the team, conceptualizing and driving platform and capability vision and strategy across pre-sales and post-sales customer needs for customer assistance, blurring the lines between our digital self-service and human service engagements to create a cohesive and delightful end-to-end experience
- Define and drive this vision into product strategy and actionable platform and product development roadmaps
- Lead a dedicated set of cross-functional scrum teams to deliver platform capabilities and customer experiences in an agile, iterative development environment
- Manage, develop and hire a team of Product Managers who can successfully own and drive delivery of portions of the overall vision
- Balance long term vision and big picture thinking with guidance and support of work currently in flight; ensure that today’s projects inform the vision for the future and vice versa
- Demonstrate collaborative leadership with peers across multiple business units that have customer-facing teams that deliver the human portions of the engagement, partner to holistically prioritize and transform the customer experience
- Partner with our analytics team to comprehensively measure customer and business outcomes and digital product effectiveness to inform your prioritization efforts
- Socialize our strategy, where necessary making the business cases for investment
- Stay on top of global industry trends in digital self-service and benchmark your team’s services against comparable companies, incorporating new ideas into your team’s roadmap on a recurring basis
- In partnership with architecture, data science and engineering teams, evaluate emerging technologies for accelerating our automation of customer service into self-service with AI
- Promote a culture of rapid iteration based on insights gleaned from customer research, analytics and ongoing experimentation
- Understand our customers and their needs for assistance through data, research, feedback, and internal partnerships and deliver empowering capabilities and self-service experiences that meet their needs
- Think Platform and deliver scalable, modular solutions that can support our customers’ needs and can be delivered in an extensible and repeatable way and adopted into our broad Autodesk portfolio of products and services
- Launch iteratively, on time, and in scope and know how and when to make and communicate smart tradeoffs in this type of agile environment
- Work with executive leadership to set expectations and manage risks, dependencies, and tradeoffs within complex project delivery
Product Managers in our organization sit at the intersection of product development, design, and business strategy. We shape high-level product and platform vision and goals but also get our hands dirty. On an average day, they might pitch a concept to senior leadership, create a launch plan with marketing, work with designers and researchers to conduct user interviews or concept tests, prototype a new feature, iterate on a spec, analyze usage data, and pair with an engineer on implementation. We have ultimate responsibility for understanding our partner needs, influencing business strategy, feature specification, and working with engineering to develop our products and platforms.
- 10+ years of digital product management experience leading customer-facing digital products to produce measurable business and customer outcomes at scale; experience in digital customer service or support is highly-preferred
- Solid understanding of digital product development and Agile methodologies and at least 5+ years leading a team of product managers in highly collaborative Scrum/agile environments
- Leadership experience: demonstrated success in a large, complex, global organization and the ability to effectively communicate and influence across organizational lines (support, sales and product organizations)
- Ability to create and tell compelling, clear stories at all levels of the organization with a confident presence: be a strong communicator who can clearly articulate their vision and execution plan, distill complex ideas to their essence, influence both senior audiences and a wide array of external stakeholders and inspire teams across Autodesk to invest in this vision
- Ability to earn trust and respect from senior leaders, peers and functional partners: inspire confidence in the plan and progress
- Strong understanding of using digital analytics and A/B testing to evaluate and drive outcomes
- Grace (and tendency to thrive) under pressure: possess an ability to help and protect cross-functional leadership teams and have courage of conviction to achieve plans and visions
- Have the ability to develop a strong point of view combined with the openness to evolving that view based on new data and feedback
- A growth mindset: demonstrate a track record of coaching and developing team members to continuously learn, grow and develop new capabilities
- Data-driven analytic and decision-making skills: think methodically and present and influence logically
- Effective experience incorporating forms of artificial intelligence into customer-facing experiences is highly-desirable
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to
- Strategic thinker with high level of business acumen
- Flexible in the face of obstacles and able to solve complex problems creatively
- Able to “sell” changes internally and be a product evangelist
The Ideal Candidate
- An ideal candidate will have a deeply customer-centric perspective and a very high level of customer empathy
- The candidate will have demonstrable experience creating world-class digital products and experiences, as well as positioning those products with key customers in the pursuit of driving value and business outcomes with transformative digital customer service experiences
- Ability to cope with a fast-paced, changing environment
- Confidence to dive in and learn new solutions and processes without a lot of assistance
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.