Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
Job Requisition ID #
Are you passionateabout design, and have a deep understanding of 3D visualization and virtual prototyping? If so, we’d love to engage with you about our Senior User Experience Designer position for our Automotive and Conceptual design team.
This position is an exciting opportunity to join our dynamic and multi-disciplinary Automotive and Conceptual Design team, responsible for developing our high-end visualization software Autodesk VRED™ and Alias. This role will primarily be focused on design projects for VRED™.
You will have a keen command of interaction design principles, and strong experience in generating, testing and refining ideas, from concept to implementation. The role requires expertise with visualization tools and experience in the automotive industry, visualization pipelines and data workflows.
This role can be remote based and therefore candidates from all over Europe will be considered.
When applying please include both your resume and portfolio with password if needed.
- Assist in customer research and analytics activities, to outline present conditions and gain insights into future areas of development.
- Connect with users, to identify and validate their pain points and priorities.
- Work with product management to analyze customer requirements and articulate suitable directions.
- Partner with fellow designers to provide feedback, cooperate, and share best practices across the organization.
- Adopt patterns from the Autodesk unified design system and contribute back to its evolution.
- Collaborate with software developers to explore new capabilities, assess constraints and ensure feasibility.
- Generate design artifacts (ideation sketches, wireframes, high-fidelity mock-ups, task flows, storyboards, user stories and prototypes) to support the communication, evaluation and implementation of new design solutions.
- Craft design directions and specifications that support an iterative development process, in a timely manner.
- Present designs to wide range of audiences including users, management, engineering and quality assurance.
- Engage with users to continuously test, validate and improve concepts, and their subsequent implementations.
- Coordinate with multi-disciplinary teams to ensure that new features and workflows are properly implemented, tested and documented.
- Expertise in visualization tools, preferably in VRED.
- Understanding of the Automotive Design Processes.
- Professional experience relating to user experience design and human factors
- Excellent verbal and visual communication skills, with the ability to distill complex ideas into easy-to-understand concepts.
- Ability to work in a user-centered development environment, where designs are created, iterated, and developed within a highly collaborative cross-functional team.
- Advanced proficiency with design support tools such as Figma, Sketch, Photoshop, Invision, or similar applications.
- Familiarity with customer research methods.
- Ability to solve complex problems and drive projects from concept to conclusion.
- Work independently, manage multiple tasks, and set priorities with direction and/or feedback from management and teammates.
- Ability to set and communicate clear expectations and deliver in a dynamic environment across multiple time zones and a diverse workforce.
- Excellent skills in problem definition and analysis; ability to identify and describe the “right” problem from a set of data of varying types
- Technical background and/or understanding of modern software development processes and concerns as they relate to design.
- Highly adaptive with an ability to organize, coordinate, and execute on details.
- Ability to develop high-fidelity interactive prototypes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Interaction Design, Human Computer Interaction, Industrial Design, Graphic Design, Transportation design, other relevant fields, or equivalent knowledge gained through work experience.
- Experience with game engines and rendering technology.
- Previous experience designing for complex creative applications, animation and/or visualization tools, 3D modeling tools, preferably in Alias, Maya, Modo, Rhino, ICEM or similar applications.
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.