Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
Job Requisition ID #
Education Team @ Autodesk
Every industry Autodesk serves is being disrupted. Machine learning and cloud computing, new means of production like 3D printing, flexible supply chains, and changing consumer demand are key drivers of this disruption. Adding additional complexity, a significant percentage of today’s skilled workforce is approaching retirement. Ensuring the next generation of designers, engineers and construction professionals are prepared to leverage emerging design and manufacturing techniques is a top priority for Autodesk and its customers. To prepare the workforce of tomorrow, we provide our professional tools free to students, educators and academic institutions around the world. Ultimately, we want to inspire and empower the next generation in their pursuit of the skills, experience, degrees, and careers that will allow them to innovate it, manufacture it and Autodesk it.
Autodesk’s Education team is looking for an exceptional Senior Manager, Design & Manufacturing Industry Strategy to develop and lead its go-to-market strategy. In this role, you will apply your manufacturing industry expertise to help Autodesk Education win adoptions in manufacturing related disciplines in mechanical & manufacturing engineering, machining, and career technical education programs across all education segments globally. This role offers the opportunity to lead a high-profile, global initiative that is key to Autodesk’s long-term growth strategy while making a positive impact on the next generation of design and manufacturing professionals.
The successful candidate will lead a team of manufacturing and education professionals, develop a standardized GTM and product strategy, and lead Autodesk Education’s thought leadership initiatives. You and your team will also act as internal and external evangelists for Autodesk’s Education business, representing Autodesk at key industry events and strategic customer engagements. This role can be based anywhere in North America or Europe near an Autodesk office. This role reports to the Senior Director of Industry Strategy.
- Lead Autodesk’s manufacturing related thought leadership initiatives for the global education market
- Define the GTM strategy for Autodesk’s manufacturing business in Education
- Contribute education specific product strategies and customer requirements to commercial product and platform teams
- Develop and lead a high performing team of manufacturing and education strategists
- Deliver quarterly insights related to industry trends and competitive shifts, highlighting how they may affect Autodesk’s education initiatives
- Stay abreast of global competitive landscape and develop key GTM strategies to drive competitive separation
- Develop and present quarterly business reviews of Autodesk Education’s manufacturing business with senior leadership
- Maintain strategic customer relationships to effectively represent the voice of the customer with respect to offering, packaging and business models
- At least 7+ years of experience as a professional in the manufacturing industry
- 5+ years-experience developing business strategy and/or GTM plans
- 5+ years of people managementexperience
- Strong knowledge of Manufacturing, Education and Autodesk’s PDMS Cloud Solutions, and other emerging technologies in MFG
- Highly motivated, results-oriented, self-starter with strong analytical, presentation and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- MBA preferred
- Knowledge/Expertise in CAD/CAM and Fusion360
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.