Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
Job Requisition ID #
We are looking to hire a Senior Frontend Developer to help to advance our platform for building cloud-native applications. You have a strong background in distributed web applications.
Our team is working on a solution to make collaboration and remote work easier for Autodesk customers. The mission of the team is to build a scalable and reliable concurrent editing solution, where multiple users can edit their data in real-time.
In this role you will have the opportunity to influence the architecture and design of this technology. You will be contributing to an exciting and modern open-source project and engage across multiple teams around the world.
Our team is predominantly based in Germany, but this role could be undertaken remotely from across Europe.
- Involved with all aspects of software development, working to create and maintain the most
reliable, secure, performant and high throughput applications for our customers by leveraging
cutting-edge cloud technology
- Contribute to improvements in processes and deliverables that increase the effectiveness and
efficiency of the team in responding to customer and business needs
- Document and present your ideas and solutions accurately and thoroughly
- Algorithmic thinking
- Experience with web applications
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English
- Ability to operate effectively and independently in a dynamic, fluid environment
- Good understanding of IT security
- BS or MS in computer science, related technology field, or equivalent experience
- Cross-platform, web application development (Windows, Mac, Linux)
- Familiarity with CI/CD concepts and experience working with a deployment pipeline such as
- Experience with AWS and Terraform
You are the ideal candidate if;
- You have experience with collaborative web applications.
- You have theoretical understanding of distributed systems and data-bases (consistency, race conditions, isolation, distributed transactions, fail-overs, performance of queries and indices)
- You are a fast learner and keen to work with latest tools and technologies available
- You get work done together
- As a team player and effective communicator, you easily build collaborative relationships with technical and non-technical colleagues
- You enjoy working with distributed team members
- You have a strong desire and ability to deliver results
- You are able to succeed and consistently reach the highest standards in a dynamic, agile environment with changing priorities
- You are able to work independently and manage multiple tasks with direction or feedback
from stakeholders and team members
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Autodesk has always valued flexibility in how we work. We continue to provide employees flexibility to support their work preferences wherever possible and nearly all roles are hybrid or remote, unless otherwise indicated.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.