Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
Job Requisition ID #
Autodesk’s Entertainment and Media Solutions (EMS) group is redefining the future of entertainment. We empower content makers to inspire, educate, and entertain, while investing in our employees to build a meaningful career with us. Autodesk is uniquely able to offer platforms, community, resources, best in class tools, and processes that unlock the future of productivity and creativity in media and entertainment.
We are looking for a results-oriented Lead Software Developer to work alongside talented engineering, QA, experience design, and content design teams responsible for creating new workflows for Forge in the Media and Entertainment space – Autodesk’s cloud platform. You will coordinate with other developers, integrate with existing infrastructure and design new platform-enabled tools.
This is your chance to work for an amazing company and to help define the future of entertainment! Autodesk offers a great work-life culture where different perspectives are celebrated, generous compensation (e.g., RRSP matching, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Fitness subsidy, etc.), and amazing spaces to get stuff done. Come be part of the#autodesklife.
- Design and develop high performance components and APIs using GraphQL and/or REST
- Create interface with existing platform tools
- Create robust modular, scalable, testable, tested, performant sub systems
- Refactor legacy code as required
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring for full-stack development teams
- Promote coding best-practices and unit-testing
- Produce both unit tests and developer documentation
- Participate in and/or lead architecture and code reviews
- Promote continuous improvement by identifying process
- Lead or participate in other projects or duties as assigned
- Review functional requirements, analysis and design documents
- Interact with external teams to jointly solve complex platform problems
- Advanced full-stack software development skills (React/Redux, TypeScript, Apollo and related ecosystem)
- Experience with microservice architectural design patterns and implementation (message queues, asynchronous and even-driven design, containers, distributed processing)
- Demonstrated experience developing server-side APIs with GraphQL
- Hands-on experience with more UI frameworks (e.g. Material UI, Kendo, etc.)
- Familiar with coding standards and unit-testing frameworks
- Solid understanding of one or more database technologies (Postgres, Cassandra, etc.)
- Knowledge of source control systems such as Git and Subversion
- Good verbal and written communication abilities
- Strong team player attitude
- Demonstrated agility and able to work within geographically dispersed teams
- Development experience with platform technologies such as AWS
- Python, C++, Java
- ShotGrid/Toolkit APIs
- Knowledge of ORMs (Django, Rails, etc.)
- Cross-platform development experience (Windows, Linux, OS X) is a definite asset
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.